Sports cat question

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Not sure if i asked this before but:

1. will car pass NCT with Sports cat downpipe fitted?
2. Does sports cat need to be mapped for straight away or will more gains be had from it when mapped? will car run safely with it fitted?
3. Anyone recommend a place that is good at custom exhaust work? Might need to change flange on new pipe to mate properly with my turbo.

Cheers

Dan

Pm Duffman

He recently fitted a sports cat to his wrx and has not got mapped yet (uk spec car) and i think his nct is coming up soon also so can see what results are like :thumbsup:

Duffman passed his nct with his fitted...
Have one on my own car and been through the test twice no problem either time...

have one fitted myself gone through 2 ncts no problem.
just heat it up on the way to the centre before testing.

if you can afford to map it do. wouldnt be a bad idea in the long run

I had the prodrive 100 cell fitted to the black bug I had and it went through NCT no problems and had good gains over the original. I'm hoping to get one for the bug I have now. BUt you will have to map the car and fit a decat center section to get the results from it.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=27791.msg324949#msg324949 date=1290719753]
Not sure if i asked this before but:

1. will car pass NCT with Sports cat downpipe fitted?
2. Does sports cat need to be mapped for straight away or will more gains be had from it when mapped? will car run safely with it fitted?
3. Anyone recommend a place that is good at custom exhaust work? Might need to change flange on new pipe to mate properly with my turbo.

Cheers

Dan
[/quote]

1 YES
2 better to get mapped to get the best results from fitting it. YES
3 ???

I can just scrape the emissions test with a high flow centre cat only in my system - although I think the issues are more due to my poor mapping than anything wrong with the cat (it's a 2.5 conversion with larger TB and flowed inlet manifold). Normally takes the operator a little while to find a constant throttle level that it will pass one of the tests with, and is actually a bit lean from memory.

Got my 3rd NCT in a few weeks, fingers crossed!

Richard

Back