Condinsation!!!!!!

bugeye555

Middle Lane Hogs
In the last month i started getting condinsation in the boot and its a good bit, starting to soak anything i put in there.No mods done to the car that would start this happening so im lost. Any ideas lads ??????? :ponder:

sounds stupid but,
get into the boot and close the lid
get sum1 to spray thew hose all over the rear of the car and see where its coming in!!!!

might b a rubber seal gone

I checked all the seals and all seem to be grand i even put silicone around it aswell just to be sure and its still getting wet i dont think its a leak as its not just comming in in the one area its more condinsation than a leak.

Whwn i open the boot all the wet does be on the top inside of the boot and its even there if its not raining.

no idea how its gettin in!!!!
suggest maybe using some silica gel in the short term to stop things getting wet......
is the car sitting outside at night?
is there supposed to be some sort of insulating trim on the boot lid thats missing???

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=27687.msg323752#msg323752 date=1290081618]
sounds stupid but,
get into the boot and close the lid
get sum1 to spray thew hose all over the rear of the car and see where its coming in!!!!

might b a rubber seal gone
[/quote]

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

if someone was silly enough to get into the boot id leave them there for an hour for the crack :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

check in where your jack is and see if can feel water.
i had simular problem with my old wagon and turned out to be the seal at the back of one of the rear lights was perished and was letting water in.
its maybe not that but just an idea to check all the same :dontknow:

[quote author=jackswagon link=topic=27687.msg323763#msg323763 date=1290084226]
i had simular problem with my old wagon and turned out to be the seal at the back of one of the rear lights was perished and was letting water in.
[/quote]

have the exact same prob with my wagon :sad:

[quote author=dannyb link=topic=27687.msg323775#msg323775 date=1290087428]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They all do it... :icon_rolleyes:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=27687.msg323777#msg323777 date=1290087509]
[quote author=dannyb link=topic=27687.msg323775#msg323775 date=1290087428]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They all do it... :icon_rolleyes:
[/quote]

not mine :icon_nana:

Back