mobil 1 oil

I have heard its great oil
but lasts half the time and should be changed every 2500kilometers and not the normal 5000 kilometers!!!!!

dont know how reliable the information is tho

thats wat ali reccommended thats wat i put in it but its due a change again cause she is jus ran in now

I had seen things over the forums, which id take lightly enough as everyone has there own preference, but i was talking to a senior Subaru mechanic who aswell as working on Subarus for his job monday to friday, also was the head service mechanic for group N and for a short period a wrc car aswell, and he said not to touch Mobil oil.
Ive never used Mobil myself, was always a castrol user and last Subaru used Motul.

im a mechanic myself castrol smuges like f**k never liked and dont use it in my work place mobil was used on the old engine gonna stick to it ali swears by it and he builds rally cars

It is horses for courses as ken says, but i use mobil from carrol and roche and if there using it there it can't be that bad, ring carrol and roche get a price form noel there. :subaru:

I wouldn't put mobile1 in either. I've heard different opinions and most of them were negative.
Guys on scoobynet after changing to Motul felt the significant difference.. the engine worked more refined, smoother and quiet.

AFAIK only Esther based synthetic oils for modified Subarus.. that means Motul or Silkolene Pro Race (which has changed its name to Fuchs Titan Race recently)
Im using Silkolene Pro S 10w50 and even if 15w50 is mostly used, 10w50 gives better cold start protection.

have to say my engine is quieter and running smoother with the mobil oil. Had redline in last and the engine was very clattery

i have always used mobil 5w30 synthetic and change at every 3000miles and have to say its very good oil and with my car just aproaching 160,000miles and not a sound out of it i think it speaks for its self

Back