99 B4 - Update :wazzup:

johnoirl

Middle Lane Hogs
getting my timing belt done in the morning with rob in RSI in newross wexford.
got quoted 300 quid all in..
had a look at the one thats in there and opps it needs to be done big time. the teeth have started to look larger than that teeth on the cog thingys :) scuse my ignorance on the thingy :) :hammerhead:
dyin to see if that will sort out my reving problem.
fitted new bulbs in the clocks and holy crapola makes some difference. couldnt get the bulbs for the heater control unit so ive to improvise with a soldering iron :) lots of fun :wazzup:

oh yea and that includes a tensioner thing with teeth on it.
ill post back tomorrow with results, please god this over reving stops. GURRR :comp26:

Is that mates rates?
If not I'll book in there myself
Would be worth the spin to newross to have it done!!!!

Thats not a lot of labour he's charging you :icon_omg: .. Sign of the times i suppose.. Is that for genuine parts? New belt and tensioner pulley? You'd want him to check the rest of the gears/pulleys also and be prepared if you need any idler pulleys or cam gears.. They are about e55 a pop from memory.. When I had my belt done, it had to have 1 new idler and 1 new cam gear as well as the belt and tensioner..

It was mates rates when I got mine done, bought the belt myself and he charged 120 for fitting, no new pulleys or tensioners were needed, mileage was low thankfully

Nearly €600 i paid on last car , everything genuine subaru tho , parts costed more than your getting the whole job done for

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=27502.msg321518#msg321518 date=1288955027]
Nearly €600 i paid on last car , everything genuine subaru tho , parts costed more than your getting the whole job done for
[/quote]same as above, i changed everything, belts water pump pullies ect, id be suspect what ur getting done, is it just belt only :ponder2:

no i got a belt and the tensioner..
i seen most of it get done, and a bitch of a job lol. but i have to say he did it right. holy fu*k the car is running smoooooooooooth as fu*k. i serioulsy cannot believe it. before i was always hummin and hawwin about the engine and now its smooth, hmmmmm purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :) :)

but...............................................

now i got another problem hahah, this frikin momo its costin me €€€€€ :happybday: to scooby. <<< bastards gettin more tan me..

power steering pumps gone. which expaines why it was playin up a little....
hope to have another one fitted tomorrow.

to be honest, i would recommend these guys. i will be honest he takes his time, but does it right... << thats important!
the lads names rob, company name rsi autos newross. number 0876007499
cheers

john

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=27502.msg321627#msg321627 date=1288996481]
no i got a belt and the tensioner..
i seen most of it get done, and a bitch of a job lol. but i have to say he did it right. holy fu*k the car is running smoooooooooooth as fu*k. i serioulsy cannot believe it. before i was always hummin and hawwin about the engine and now its smooth, hmmmmm purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :) :)

but...............................................

now i got another problem hahah, this frikin momo its costin me €€€€€ :happybday: to scooby. <<< bastards gettin more tan me..

power steering pumps gone. which expaines why it was playin up a little....
hope to have another one fitted tomorrow.

Think I have a pump there if you need it. €40

to be honest, i would recommend these guys. i will be honest he takes his time, but does it right... << thats important!
the lads names rob, company name rsi autos newross. number 0876007499
cheers

john
[/quote]

I paid something similar on my 99 type ra at tp waters in kildare main subaru dealer and all genuine parts was happy out :dance:

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=27502.msg322007#msg322007 date=1289224205]
hi dude

where bouts r ya? ill know later on if mechanic got one
[/quote]
Near Clare border in county Galway

just got the car back from mechanics :) did a nice job. steering is MINT!
and engine sounds and feels great. cept he said its not as powerful as it should be. he said the original mechanic prob didnt hook up vacum pipes right. so he has another b4 in der and im gonna check out all the vacume hoses myself to see if they are correctly put in. :multijump: muppets
ill repost back with results

you found a good sound mechanic there man alot of normal mechanic pretend they can sort the subarus but they dont really no what they are doing. sure 2-3 years ago we got charged 700euro just to get the timing belt changed was a complete rip off. aint saying who done it for us but it was a complete shock when my dad told me the price

the original mechanic that put this engine in is a muppet (PURE MUPPET) :icon_hang:
ive found a blue vacum hose superglued and it broke off what ever it was glued to. also got to carlow last night and my radiator hose on top the small one on the left snapped off and cars full of coolant now. i had a look and that was also superglued on. i was lucky it didnt over heat, the heat levels only went a gee hair over half way.
so now im on the look out for a new rad. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

hi hammie, the little plastic nipple where the pipe goes its actually snapped off. do they repair that?
nice 1 dude

They replaced the side panel off my impreza rad think the recon was 80 euro
Give them a ring and talk to them! The girl that I dealt with knew exactly what was needed when I spoke to her!

Also they took a rad off me and when it was tested there were leaks in it so they rang me and asked how I wanted to proceed
So I gave them a different 1 to recon and they gave the other 1 back no hassel

Contact Froggy and get a good second hand one for handy money :thumbsup:

Or if you have the money, contact couture auto about a new aluminium radiator

Back