not reaching boost

K

kiwi

alright lads just got the clutch done,got the car back on friday but ever since then it has not been boosting to 0.9 and it all ways was before,mech said that he had taken of intercooler and mite have created an air leak said he would have a look 2moro but was just wondering if anyone here had any suggestion before i go back to him.from 1st to 4th it's only going 0.5/0.6 and in 5th it only go to 0.8 please help! car just doesn't souund oar feel right and is starting to worrie me ........ :cry: :cry: :cry: :ponder: :doh:

alright dave took it back and we had a good look at her couldn't find any thing,now hes saying could be air flow meter?what do u thing?and by the way wasn't to bad today seemed to be around 0.7/0.8 all day which makes me think he could be right, again what do u thing urself ...thanks

Did he mess around with the vacum piping going to turbo?? if he did that could be problem..
there is a restrictor brass olive in one of the pipes and if its left out or put into wrong pipe your or piping put back wrong way around, car wont meet its target boost..

restrictor olive should be in pipe that comes off compressor housing and b4 any t or y joints.. pipe usually has a white mark on it like tip-ex where olive is..
Just an idea for you..  :thumbsup:       

i thought car would reach its boost even with afm trouble????? not sure do..

If Your MAF sensor if gone it would cause the car to be lumpy / hesitant
on acceleration, it would rev up and down at idle but i don't think it would stop
you reaching full boost or at least i've never seen that :ponder: :ponder:

Easy to check simply switch one off another scoob and take for a quick blast

Niall.

yea cheers lads was trying to have a look today but pissing with rain,am get a lend of maf sensor on tuesday thanks again for all the help :thumbsup:

loose earth

alright lads just under the bonnet now trying to find boost prob and whilst under there found that the main earth from battery was not re connected and is just hang there loose, am thinking this could be problem but am not sure where it go's was thinking back around starter motor some where? can some one please help what to get this sorted today :ponder: :dunno: :angry: :wall:

Re: loose earth

sorry kiwi, maybe its just me but i am having prob understanding desription in your post :ponder:.. is it the earth that bolts onto battery, or i think there is one that is bolted to gear box bell housing using gear box bolt.. rekon that could be what your on about.. think its black with yellow stripe???

actually i think knock sensor done something like that on me b4, but it brought on the check light and then it wouldnt drive on at all, had no gauge so dnt know if boost was cut down or if car retarded itself

[quote author=KENC link=topic=3186.msg30990#msg30990 date=1186441209]
sorry kiwi, maybe its just me but i am having prob understanding desription in your post :ponder:.. is it the earth that bolts onto battery, or i think there is one that is bolted to gear box bell housing using gear box bolt.. rekon that could be what your on about.. think its black with yellow stripe???
[/quote]yes thats write the one for the gear box just found out today put back on just now but didn't help...?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=3186.msg30991#msg30991 date=1186441525]
actually i think knock sensor done something like that on me b4, but it brought on the check light and then it wouldnt drive on at all, had no gauge so dnt know if boost was cut down or if car retarded itself
[/quote]alright ken i don't have a konck sensor :doh:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=3186.msg30992#msg30992 date=1186441586]
where bouts are you kiwi??????
[/quote]sunny southeast :angry:wexford :lol:

all of them have a knock senser,you can fit an aftermarket knocklink to notify you quicker but sounds like an leak somewere to me,i split a the rubber pipe at the back of the bump valve and it caused erratic boostin,it was a quick fix just cut the pipe back and reclamp it,if thats it

Kiwi i not too far from you at all.. probably could even know ya... I have a feeling that its your vacum piping.. i would nearly bet that the engine was taken out to fit clutch instead of gearbox being dropped was it????? give me a txt on 086 8770618 and some evening i might get a look at it if you want.

Back