Straightliners, Ennikillen 9/9/7

• Thread starter enniskillen9/9/7
  • Start date
E

enniskillen9/9/7

Straightliners_Large.jpg

Entry includes unlimited runs.  Qualifying is from 10am to 4pm.

After which point the top 4 in each class will go head to head in a knock-out format.

There will be Six Classes.

Pro Car
11.50 second class
12.50 second class
13.30 second class
14.30 second class
15.30 second class

Just a quick post to see if any members of the club will be making the trip up to Enniskillen for this event.

If anyone is interested in organising a club meet at this, there will be space allocated for the club in the show and shine and trade sections, so you will be nice and close to the drag strip.

Registration will soon be available on line.

Dont think there many of us will be up there fella,we have a big club event at JAPFEST ...mondello... :thumbsup:

We had intended to go but Jap Fest is the event where going to now.

No problem guys, if any of you are going just for the drag racing, its a 200metre sprint downhill, which the select few will get 3 runs at.

Just so nobody is disappointed.

Meeeeowww...!!!

In all fairness. Mondello is more central to most members so it will obviously be more appealing. There is the option of getting some track time too. It's just unfortunate that the 2 dates clash, as I know a lot of the people from here would be interested in going up to Enniskillen.

[quote author=enniskillen9/9/7 link=topic=3180.msg32241#msg32241 date=1187271354]
No problem guys, if any of you are going just for the drag racing, its a 200metre sprint downhill, which the select few will get 3 runs at. 

Just so nobody is disappointed.
[/quote]

We know how bad the Drag racing is at Mondello and we will be traveling as a club up north to some proper drag strips but this has alot more then just drag racing at it and will prob be the largest show event this year. I cant wait to get up to enniskillen to run, just not this time.

Damo

Apologies, didn't mean to sound catty, just got caught out by that one myself in the past and wasn't too impressed.

All of us here would love to go to jap-fest too, but unfortunately our date has been set since february, as the only date that suited straightliners and enniskillen.

Providing 9/9/7 goes to plan, it will be repeated at least once next year.

Hi Colin (A.KA.  Timmy)

I visited you few months ago regards this....

And we were planning going to this without doubt til japfest was annouced..

I was trying to get info from you at the time plus what you could do for us as a club as a whole and  we didn't get much further then that un-fortunatley...

As this came up and we were offered with good figures deal as a club and full info of the event and wat we were getting outta it as a club we could not pass that up..

We would have really loved to have done this event as i think the st angelo strip is one the best in ireland for 1/4 mile incl safety and quality but confirmations weren't made soon enough or info provided and this situation was un-avoidable  and as they say there is always next year...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I was approached in early April, at which time there was very little info regarding the enniskillen event, with the exception of the date.  I said I could sort the club out with something once I had more info, and I gave you my contact details.

Its only been in the last few weeks that the details have been finalised. Roll on 2008.

yep i still have your card there.....

as i said i was all up for enniskillin 110%...

Unfortunatley dates clashed with japfest mondello  and that one in Limerick racecourse...

A collective decision by the committee mainly due to location was made as dublin was central as such for everbody in the club north south east and west........

As said there is always next year......
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back