Hesitation remap for 2.0X MY06-07

Milo

Sunday Drivers
Seeing that more people have the same problem I decided to repost/summarise under one heading. MY07 EJ204 forester suffered from a hesitation/flat spot between say 1700-3000rpm. It was always there but getting worst or better at times. More info to be found there http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=25902.msg304933#msg304933
Contacted Subaru Ireland to find out that there is a ECU remap available for it. As I understand it concerns the EJ204 engine for MY06-07 cars (forester 2.0X, impreza 2.0RX, legacy 2.0R). Had it done (hesitation&cold start they referred to it) at D&M Ryans in Cork at no cost. After the upgrade the car in not only nippier (feels like it has some extra power) with no hesitaion but also the mileage has slightly improved. To add the car has always been serviced at main dealer so it does not seem to get done as part of standard service...

This sounds great, Milo, does it cost money to get it done? Do you have to have a warranty with the garage you go to? I intend to go to Ballinrobe as it's nearer than where I bought the car.

I think I'll have to get it done anyway because I may as well be driving a micra the way I am now (I have to change gear at 1800rpm to avoid the lumpiness).

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=27409.msg320534#msg320534 date=1288548758]
This sounds great, Milo, does it cost money to get it done? Do you have to have a warranty with the garage you go to? I intend to go to Ballinrobe as it's nearer than where I bought the car.

I think I'll have to get it done anyway because I may as well be driving a micra the way I am now (I have to change gear at 1800rpm to avoid the lumpiness).
[/quote]

I did not have to pay for it but car is still under subaru warranty. Having said that from what I learnt from Subaru Ireland it was to be done as part of main dealer service (I think I quoted that email in the original post) so I gues even if it was not but car has a main dealer service history covering the period when the update came about I would expect it gets done for free.
We actually bought our car from JJ and they were nice people.

Thanks Milo.
They are very nice in JJ's. They did a small job for me earlier in the year and were nice to deal with.

Does anyone know why it is seems to be happening to a lot of people all of a sudden, is it a millenium bug type issue with the software?

Back