Smell of clutch

johnoirl

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi Lads another question.
when i take off hard. or in traffic i can smell the clutch bad. smell goes away fairly quick. it bites ok. when engine is cold it does shutter but is fine when warm.

cheers lads

j

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=27285.msg319467#msg319467 date=1287953459]
Hi Lads another question.
when i take off hard. or in traffic i can smell the clutch bad. smell goes away fairly quick. it bites ok. when engine is cold it does shutter but is fine when warm.

cheers lads

j
[/quote]

what is the question??

clutch smells when you take off hard? of course it will launching it.

shudder on starting in 1st just taking of slowly? performance organic clutch fitted? warped flywheel with lauching it perhaps 2

Hi Daza.
LOL oh yea i forgot the question hahahah. suppose that would have helped.
What i said are the symptoms and what im wondering is if their are any other b4 guys there who get a clutch burning smell when taking off. it doesnt matter if i launch launch to warp 9 or just in traffic starting stopping.
to be honest i havent a clue what clutch is in there..
Sorry daza im just really new to performance stuff im comin from mostly german and gti's
cheers dude
j

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=27285.msg319509#msg319509 date=1287997931]
Hi Daza.
LOL oh yea i forgot the question hahahah. suppose that would have helped.
What i said are the symptoms and what im wondering is if their are any other b4 guys there who get a clutch burning smell when taking off. it doesnt matter if i launch launch to warp 9 or just in traffic starting stopping.
to be honest i havent a clue what clutch is in there..
Sorry daza im just really new to performance stuff im comin from mostly german and gti's
cheers dude
j
[/quote]

lol no worries.
It could be just the fact you are getting used to a new type of car and riding the clutch slightly, really hard to diagnose without knowing what`s been fitted. my money is on organic clutch and new owner.

Hi Daza
funnly enuf the clutch feels alot smoother and softer, easier to use as in the car dont chug n jump anymore on take off hahah.
actually, just thinking, the clutch could be off the new engine and the flywheel off the old one. so maybe its all beded in now after a few slams here n there..
i know this morning i didnt notice any shuddering. maybe ill take it out in a while and check it out...

John

I had the same issue when i first got my car... it was a case of me ridin the clutch like a mother F(*)er.....
After gettin used to the biting point of the clutch and the correct way to drive that soon stopped and isnt an issue for me any more! :subaru: :subaru:

hahhah :p ya i think its the same with me hahaha, ah im new to subarus, prob just me pancking about everthing. im too fussy lol
goin out in carlow for a kruise now to see if its still shuddering.

nope, car was cold and ive no shuddering anymore :) WOOHOOOOO
ive put about 1000 km on it since 24th oct, so maybe it just needed to be bedded in LOL :multijump:

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=27285.msg319750#msg319750 date=1288125594]
nope, car was cold and ive no shuddering anymore :) WOOHOOOOO
ive put about 1000 km on it since 24th oct, so maybe it just needed to be bedded in LOL :multijump:
[/quote]

result :thumbsup:

B4 clutches are quite mild-they wont take much abuse as the model is aimed at the executive market sector rather than sports.

My clutch is giving of a nasty stench smell as well. Especially under quick acceleration in 1st gear.
But I'll need a replacement soon, as it starts slipping on full boost and low revs.

Well lads.

Jumped in the car today and when i shift into first the clutch pedal only comes out 3/4 ways. Anyone had this problem before. I presume i will need a new clutch fitted???

Stan id put my bet on its the pressure plate. if its only coming out 3/4's way,
Or another thing is if its a hydraulic clutch which im not sure if it is maybe needs to be bled.
either that or i know on nissans you can adjust the brake pedel in and out under the dash..

Mines grand now :) well for now lol

Back