apexi Power FC

briancollins

Octane Boostaholics
Hey lads. i've it in my head now to buy a power fc. its gonna cost me around e750 to buy the thing. now what i wanna know from all of ye that know what ye're talkin about is how much wiill it cost after i have it bought. if i get the specific one for my car will i still need to get it mapped for 95RON? Plase help as i aint very good with this technical stuff!
Thanks Lads.. Brian

Yep,you still need a map,you see the apexi when you buy it does not have any tunning on it as such,so you need someone to tune it to your car,and yes it will then be mapped for our crappy fuel...i would recomend a de-cat if your going to do this... :thumbsup:

its also advisable to but an up-rated fuel pump and certain spark plugs.they are called 7b's for the classic although this means probably as much ta u as it does ta me.cant remember exactly how much the map was but once its done its done for good.also if its done by andy forrest it will be done by one of the most respected mappers (andyforrestperformance.co.uk)maybe chat ta renno555 (damien).

:thumbsup:

The pfr7b plugs are only really for a modified car. I think the pfr6b's are the ones used in standard cars. If the Apexi unit is the only modification you've done, throw in the 6's.

And yes the apexi FC will need to be mapped. Ask Renno555 on this site about that. He organises them. Been to one myself and he's a sound fella to deal with.

i have pfr6b plugs in the car as it is. only fitted last week. why would i need to change fuel pump and a de cat pipe? i dont want the power fc mapped to give me power (plenty of that already) just wannt it as it would work out cheaper than fitting gauges and getting an ecutek map??

Hi Brian, sorry I didnt reply to your PM, My Apexi wouldnt fit your car anyway, You will need the fuel pump basically because the fuel pump fitted can only handle so much and tuning it can max it out and cause you to loose those extra few horses. I got one and fitted it to my car and thought why should I change it and it became apparent after I fitted it, the old pump was wanked!!! some difference in the car since it has been fitted..

Hey Brian,
It all depends what you want to get out of your map ????

Most lads here want to run their car safely but with as much BHP & Torque
as possible.

If your happy with the power you have buy the ECU get her mapped and that's it.
Same for ecutek and you don't have to fit gauges .

That said most would at the very least get a straight through exhaust, decent set of plug's
uprated air filter and a map......................which equals, loads of power & loads of fun :D

Niall.

I just bought a PowerFC and I'm just getting it Mapped for our Fuel. Just want the car to Run right and am happy with the Power that it already has. but I got it incase I do want more power in the future.

thanks for the replies lads. Anyone know what make fuel pump i should look for or where to get one? PLEASE don't say main dealer!!

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the traders section for parts.

why do people keep talking about main dealers/or where to get parts,

when are traders section is full with the best of them

Back