how high

dave b

Petrolheads
hi lads just wandering whathow high i can set the boost in a 99 wrx sti useing the avcr without blowing it,a friend told me 1.3 bar is ok is this true :ponder2:

I think 0.9 - 1bar is tops without a re-map most likely could be wrong though and i know nothing about avcr,
give it a while and the answers will come flooding in :thumbsup:

This is the danger of having an on board accessible boost controller!

Leave well alone unless you are going to have the car mapped to cope with the level of boost you want!

There is the air/fuel ratio to think about! And a load more important factors b4 upping the boost!
Otherwise you could end up running lean and blowing your engine!(could not definite)

Dave that question was answerd for you back in this thread
http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=25681.msg302453#msg302453

If you are asking again looking for re assurance, you aint going to get it. If you want to boost it to 1.3 1.5 2bar work away thats your decision, but as was said before, its not safe to boost it higher than standard unless you are remapped, besides mapping the car, what will control fuel cut???
Guys on here hand out maybe a grand to get there car's mapped, and they only run maybe 1.3 and you are wanting to just turn it up to 1.3, trust me if that could be done we all wud be doing it.
Do yourself a big big favour, and forget about having an avcr. Untill the time yoiu are willing to get mapped

Back