Ferodo ds2500 or ebc blue stuff??

Grahamo spec c

ISDC Club Member
I'll be changing pads soon in the AP's so I need info.

I've used nearly every pad out there worth it's salt and would
Put the ds2500 at the top.
Today I was told by my best mate ever......mr Godspeed (don't mention the war)
That he now uses ebc blue stuff instead of the Ferodo pads.
He claims they are far better!
So fellow Subaru owners,tell me which is best?
Has anybody used blue stuff ebc pads?
Ferodo no. Frp3084h

I've never used the ferodo pads but have the bluestuff on the car at the moment and find them good, plus they are cheap and if you don't like them you can always sell them on :lol:

need more info!!!

what did you use before?
are you the the king of the late brakers?
have you done many track days on blues?
what percent of the time do you drive flat out on public roads? from the go? half way there? nearly there? or comfort braking on your local motorway/carriage way @ 80hmh?
i really need to know what your braking style is!! i.e. do you love the brakes for how long they last or are you like me when warm they stop you on a penny??

im looking for a better performance pad than the ds2500,as in it will be better under load and abuse than the DS2500!!
answers on a pm to me?? :icon_biggrin:

NO FAIRY/COMFORT BRAKERS MAY NEED APPLY!!! track hooligans yes please!! ciaran.......has the phaeton killed you?
ill be hard pushed to leave ferodo unless someone swears on their family that the blue stuff is way better!!!!!!!!!!!! :subaru:

Might throw another in the mix if you have not already tried them - Carbon Lorraine RC6 pads

They're noisy but if you put fresh copper grease on them every month or 2 months, then they are quiet.. Not a huge ordeal even in my opinion as the brembo's are so easy to take in and out.. The heat generated by the pad must degrade the copper grease but the stopping ability is second to none I've found.. They've survived 3/4 trackdays and a fair amount of abuse on the road also along with a sticky piston and still have about 70% left in them

I got them from Ciaran rs-ra for about €170 inc vat for the brembo calipers :thumbsup: .. Afraid I've no idea on a part number for your legacy :icon_sad:

i was going to say like robbie carbon lorraine pads would be the only ones better than ferodo ds2500 but having no experience on the track i cant compare them

i think all high performance brake pads will produce alot of dust i dont really notice it on our car since the wheels are gunmetal

It's not dust it's like melted pad dust got fused into the alloy
And it will not come off.
I know a few people who had to get their car painted after
A trackday using them.
Some of the lads on here have seen the end result on my wheels.

i think wagon dec was using blue stuff the last track day graham and it felt good when i was out with him but i dont know about fade on them

im sure dec will comment

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=27236.msg318965#msg318965 date=1287732729]
Might throw another in the mix if you have not already tried them - Carbon Lorraine RC6 pads

They're noisy but if you put fresh copper grease on them every month or 2 months, then they are quiet.. Not a huge ordeal even in my opinion as the brembo's are so easy to take in and out.. The heat generated by the pad must degrade the copper grease but the stopping ability is second to none I've found.. They've survived 3/4 trackdays and a fair amount of abuse on the road also along with a sticky piston and still have about 70% left in them
[/quote]

Did you not find the Carbon Lorraines ate your discs aswell. Myself and two mates used them two years ago going to the Nurburgring......found them great with very little fade, but they destroyed the discs on all three cars !!

[quote author=Dave link=topic=27236.msg319146#msg319146 date=1287773607]

[/quote]

Did you not find the Carbon Lorraines ate your discs aswell. Myself and two mates used them two years ago going to the Nurburgring......found them great with very little fade, but they destroyed the discs on all three cars !!
[/quote]

That doesn't sound good.. Currently running godspeed 2-piece slotted discs and haven't noticed any undue wear on them, there's not even a lip on them yet.. What discs were you and your mates running?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=27236.msg319151#msg319151 date=1287774330]
[quote author=Dave link=topic=27236.msg319146#msg319146 date=1287773607]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That doesn't sound good.. Currently running godspeed 2-piece slotted discs and haven't noticed any undue wear on them, there's not even a lip on them yet.. What discs were you and your mates running?
[/quote]

Think the Lads were running on EBC discs of some kind .......but I was running OEM Brembo discs which were maybe 6 months old at the time and needed replacing once we got home :angry1:.

Very aggressive pads and made a hell of a racket all the time :icon_redface:.

Great stuff for track days but I'd imagine hard to live with for everyday driving :thumbsup:

Maybe its the vented 2 piece's that are helping with the heat dissipation :dontknow: .. I've found that that copper grease works well to keep the noise down but will have to be re-done every 1-2 months.. They are very aggressive pads alright, stopping ability is fantastic though :049:

i currently have ebc yellow stuff type r pads on mine, there rated at full whack from cold and never ever fade, there also fully race and road legal and approved and ive done some pretty crazy things with them, drag and track days, not too bad on dust either, if ya wash your car every week ya dont even notice it. they never fade and really work from the get go. would defiantly recommended them, only problem Ive found is time it takes to order them, can be up to a month but thats grand if ya know when your gonna change them

Back