Fitting Rear Speakers to a Spec C

Wes

Sunday Drivers
Has anyone any experience of fitting rear speakers to an MY05 Spec C?

I brought my car to an audio shop and they told me they will need an exploded rear shelf assembly diagram as they are afraid they will end up cutting structural steel. The holes that are available in the boot do not align in the middle of the rear shelf.

Any ideas? :hang:

Hello Wes,

Did you not try the rear door panels, I think there is blanks in the door to accommodate the fitment there :ponder:

There is no place to fit speakers to the rear shelf in my car.

Cheers,

Michael

Cheers Michael,

it would be difficult to get a good acoustic in the doors though  :(

I asked the question on scoobynet, one guy came back and said he had alpines in the rear of his spec C, no other details though  :ponder:

Hello Wes,

I will have a closer look at mine today  :thumbsup:

I only have two speakers, so hows that for acoustics  :roll:

I will let you know how I get on  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Cutting up rear shelf of a spec c for speakers be crazy........ :shock:
:shock: :shock:
As above try rear doors....

wires should be there.....

if blanks aren't in door card be no big deal getting 2 rear door cards from uk or jap one that had speakers.... :thumbsup:

There are blanks in the door cards alright but even the guy selling me the speakers said i would be wasting my time with the rear doors. He said it would only be beneficial to a back seat passenger. Another option would be to improve the front speakers or maybe put something under the seat. Im not looking for a major ICE install or anything of the sort, just improved sound. Its loud enough in the cabin so the speakers are up against it from the start!

I changed all door speakers and put 6X9 on back shelf.

Think i have 800w in rear and 650 in front.Only problem is that i can only have loud if in car on my own.wouldnt go cutting back shelf.You could fit small amp in boot and have speakers fitted to underside of back shelf on back of seats.If doors are wired just fit small watt speakers no need to go too overboard.

There is an amp that fits under the seat have them on all subaru usa(think thats the one) but dont know if any good.Suopposed to fit into socket in floor under drivere seat.

Will add to later if i find something of interest.

:smokin:

Thanks Carlo,

yeah I think I might look at getting an amp under the seat and maybe just get better front speakers.

Hello Wes,

I am not into noisy cars (ask Damo Reno555) get a milltek and RC induction kit & you should loose interest in "in car" entertainment...."

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have a full Milltek system. Anything over 4-5k revs is pretty loud alright! But in reality this only happens now and then, more often its tootlin along at 60mph. I think better front speakers, maybe an amp is the way to go.

Wes.

Hello Wes,

[size=12pt]Spec-C + Front Speakers..... + Miltek.... + Ind kit..... =  :D[/size]

Do not bother with radio upgrade, car has its own sound track  :whistle:

Cheers,

Michael
P.S. Spec-C with miltek & Tunnel (in 3rd) =  :smokin: Maybe some lads agree  :ponder:

Yep must agree....3rd in a tunnel and woo hoo!!!! :whistle: :whistle: thinking of tunnels reminds me of the AIRWOLF episode on SSO... :whistle:

Back