Impreza traits

Speedway

Sunday Drivers
Hi all,

apologies if this has been done before, I had a quick look around but couldn't find anything.
I've only owned my first Impreza (2006 RX) for about 6 months.
In that time I've found that with the boxer engine there is some things that are really unique characteristics to the car.

For example when you start it from cold it idles at around 1500 RPM for a bit before settling down to a lower RPM.

Just wondering does anyone have any other unique traits or characteristics of the car that they could post, anything that they've noticed Impreza's do that other cars don't?

I wake my neighbours with me exhaust on my leggy when i am going to work at 5 in the morning :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_nana:

I know its not an impreza trait but a subaru trait non the less :subaru:

They don't lke to be reved too hard
Always avoid the red line

(not unique trait but definitely worth bearing in mind)

[quote author=kbox link=topic=27209.msg318676#msg318676 date=1287572899]
mine goes like stink around bends
[/quote]
:icon_grin:

[quote author=kbox link=topic=27209.msg318676#msg318676 date=1287572899]
mine goes like stink around bends
[/quote]
:thumbsup: hell ya they do!

the rx felt like it had more power really high up the revs which is unusal i thought,

And the new car puts a massive smile on my face when it comes on boost

great features

[quote author=Speedway link=topic=27209.msg318673#msg318673 date=1287572307]
Hi all,

apologies if this has been done before, I had a quick look around but couldn't find anything.
I've only owned my first Impreza (2006 RX) for about 6 months.
In that time I've found that with the boxer engine there is some things that are really unique characteristics to the car.

For example when you start it from cold it idles at around 1500 RPM for a bit before settling down to a lower RPM.

Just wondering does anyone have any other unique traits or characteristics of the car that they could post, anything that they've noticed Impreza's do that other cars don't?
[/quote]

Thats common to all cars, its called cold start. remember old cars had a manual choke you had to pull when cold.

Boxe

[quote author=joescooby link=topic=27209.msg319600#msg319600 date=1288039524]
My Subaru loves petrol :multijump:
[/quote]

don't they all??

my sti ra loves eating engines!!

lol

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=27209.msg318680#msg318680 date=1287573194]
I wake my neighbours with me exhaust on my leggy when i am going to work at 5 in the morning :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_nana:

I know its not an impreza trait but a subaru trait non the less :subaru:
[/quote]

you're a hallion!

Back