Official Subaru Sponsorship for the forum

Dagnut

Octane Boostaholics
Just wondering, has the club ever approached Subaru Ireland in an official capacity as sponsors of the forum? I know we have official dealers in Carroll and Roache as traders but Subaru Ireland themselfs?
A lot of car manufactures in the states are getting on board with fan based forums, they get invited to product launches etc

Never been discussed as far as I know Dave.

Might not be a bad idea - if anyone has a contact in Subaru Ireland I'd be happy enough to fire off an email on behalf of the club.

You could also include Dave's avatar in that email, should get a good reception :icon_grin:

But seriously, I think thats a great idea Dave, I cant see why they would not like to be apart of the community, they need as much consummer contact now in
todays climate.

Apparently we once asked a long time ago (maybe around 2003) and Subaru Ireland had no interest.

Different times now though so no harm in asking again.......

Subaru HQ dont even want to acknowledge the iconic cars that got them where they are today as some of us realised about a special edition print that was to be produced

[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=27176.msg318371#msg318371 date=1287398509]
Good idea....But did anyone check out Subaru Ireland website lately? I don't see any petrol Imprezas listed.That is why i think we 'car enthusiasts' are no longer their target audience.

http://www.subaru.ie/Subaru_ie/ViewMenu.qed?menuid=M3M3M4
[/quote]

Regardless, at the end of the day the likes of this forum is the only thing keeping their brand "cool", this club does nothing but promote for the brand especially with the TV coverage etc. You would be surprised how eager a marketing dept gets once the know TV is involved.
A lot of the diesel Imprezas are still sold on the back of the badge history.

Cant see Subaru wanting to associate themselves with an enthusiasts club. Their target audience is the Focus and Golf driver not the die hard fans of the Impreza that McRae put on the map.

Unfortunate to say but if prospective buyers see them associated with a "boy racers" club (as viewed by the general uninformed joe public) then it could lower sales.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=27176.msg318392#msg318392 date=1287403241]
Cant see Subaru wanting to associate themselves with an enthusiasts club. Their target audience is the Focus and Golf driver not the die hard fans of the Impreza that McRae put on the map.

Unfortunate to say but if prospective buyers see them associated with a "boy racers" club (as viewed by the general uninformed joe public) then it could lower sales.
[/quote]

How would lending their support to this forum in anyway effect potential buyers? You'll only come across this forum if you look for it.. we won't be asking for posters of us up in their dealerships or to be part of their advertising campaign...I'm not saying they will give their support but why not try?
You honestly think there would be more negative publicity from a charity event because of the boy racer image V the positive message ?
I don't understand the negativity..a lot of manufacturers are getting on board with forums why not try.

Don't waste your time. Back many moons ago when I was treasurer, the founder member and then Chairman of the ISDC used to go to school with the MD of Subaru Ireland and even with that sort of contact there was no way they were interested. The most we got was an invite to the SI tent at Punchestown.

only see your post now, Scruff, i've asked her to see what he thinks. i may as let it run now just to see what he says.

but i agree with you, i dont think they will bite either. unfortunately, imo, the general perception of subaru is that it is only mostly boy races who drive them, especially if you say you drive an impreza. i think it is only with the advent of the recent diesels that this will be shaken off and it could take a generation to do that.

Its definitely worth a shot, regardless of what they say.. If you don't ask, you won't get :thumbsup:

Like Dave said, times have changed and being associated with the likes of the World record attempt or even Barretstown would only be a good thing..

Just been informed that Subaru Ireland no longer exist, closed up shop a couple of months ago.. irish dealers are getting parts etc, from Subaru UK... Might be a complete waste of time after all :doh:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=27176.msg318551#msg318551 date=1287492064]
Just been informed that Subaru Ireland no longer exist, closed up shop a couple of months ago.. irish dealers are getting parts etc, from Subaru UK... Might be a complete waste of time after all :doh:
[/quote]

How about Talbot?

My friend got back to me today. She said she got a very positive response from the MD and he is willing to talk to me or one of the committee (I mentioned the committee as I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to represent the club, especially as I am only just about one year in it). He won't be available until the middle of next month as he is away at the minute but he will talk to us then.

I hope to get his contact details tomorrow. (I don't want to mention his name here in the 'free for all' section but I'm sure you can look it up and see for yourselves.) I'll pass them on to our chairman and the committee can decide from there who should talk to him. :thumbsup:
All I said to my friend was to say to him that the club was seeking some kind of association with Subaru Ireland. I left it at that, I didn't really want to say anything about sponsorship as I'm not familiar with how that works etc on the site.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=27176.msg318551#msg318551 date=1287492064]
[/quote]
Don't know, Robbie, but this fella is still in a job anyway........ :ponder:

Back