What ECU/Remap for my 99 Irish Scooby??

Big_Red

Middle Lane Hogs
I'm not too sure if this has been talked about before but I am looking to map my 99 WRX scooby as she is overfuelling a lot! I wanted to get an Apexi Power FC but I have heard that they were not made for the European cars. So, what are my options? I am unsure about which ECU I have but I pressume it's the standard ECU. I don't know about Simtec or ecutek for my model so if anyone has any experience with them then throw up a reply please:icon_biggrin:

Irish/UK classic V5/6 's are also remappable by Ecutek like jap imports afaik... With a 99, I'm only assuming your's is a V5 or 6...

you have a few options here and it all depends what you want from it and how much you want to spend

simtec will set you back about 1400 euro but you will be able to run maf less which thens to go on the v5/v6 cars and you could run dual maps for different fuel and run antilag or launch controll, so a very good ecu.

ecutek would be a good way to map a car with a few small mods like air filter and decat etc, and you wont have to see anything on your dash like the power fc or avcr but either will cost much the same around the 800/900 mark

all of the above you can get mapped up off are traders here on the site

How have you come to the conclusion its over fueling alot????? :ponder2:
That would suggest a Lamba sensor fault to me :dontknow:

That's for the advice duffman, I would only want the basics so she's running right! I will get onto the traders and see what they think! I will have a chat but that's helped me out!

By standard they run rich but since I have an induction kit, turbo back straight through exhaust and, worst of all, a bov. All of these add up which pop flames a lot and my mates have told me that there is a strong smell of petrol when driving behind me. Also, when I stop at traffic there is s nice smell of petrol off her too haha

it shouldnt smell of petrol either way but if i were i would have it looked at before you going mapping it.

Well because its an irish car it doesnt need to be mapped for fuel, because you have the exhaust and induction kit, it would be safer and more power rewarding to get it mapped.
But again, i think over fuel like you are getting is down to a lamba or something, so i would try a lamba first, or get checked out,
last thing you want is to pay for a map, and then on the map day not be able to get it mapped right due to a sensor.
AFM, Lambas, and knock sensors are fairly common trouble makers, most will give a fault code, but ive heard of lambas not.
If you have a straight through system are you getting boost spike and fuel cut??

On a tuning note, if you are going to get mapped, and would like a shake more power i would really recomend getting an Sti5 tmic, and a vf28 turbo.. should get them for around 300-400euro. You should have the yellow 440cc injectors already, so you should be able to see up and around a really useable 300bhp,

Good man one of the lads just told me there you might be looking a new ecu. I have a brand new simtek for sale that was for my oo uk wagon.
If your intrested you can pm me, or give me a shout on 0876239381

How much is the Simtek? And what would be the main difference between that and an Apexi Power FC? Just I can get an Power FC and have the wiring re-done so it will fit with the Irish model

Compared to the Power FC, the Simtek is way more advanced technology.

Back