classic clutch vs bug/blob/hawk eye clutch pedal Q?

pearse9000rpm

classic clutch vs bug/blob/hawk eye clutch pedal Q?

i no the classic is a pull type clutch which has a pretty heavy pedal even with new kit installed..

am i right in saying the bug/blob/hawk eye imprezas have a push type clutch,
which has a far lighter pedal to push when new?

in saying that i drove a 03 blob wrx sti type uk 305 ppp with 90,000miles with original clutch from factory and nearly broke my ankle was that stiff to press

genuine opinions plz

my clutch on the 05 WRX i find is heavy - took awhile to get use to it.. could tell ya tho what it is :icon_biggrin:

my 04 blob is as heavy as the day i bought it with 6000kms on the clock.
only really noticed after driving an old corolla on hoilidays for 2 weeks.
got back into the car and thought it had seized up while i was away.

As Ciaran says, they are all pull type clutches, 6spd can be a bit heavier than 5spds, but they have a higher clamp force,
I never really had an issue with the feel of the pedal in the Subaru, dont mind it

aw i see,they are all pull type clutches just foud out this evening
just drove a 04 wrx v-limited blobeye import with 43000 miles there
pretty heavy clutch also,
anyone installed a oem clutch kit in bug/blob/hawk eye and how does the pedal feel
reason i ask because i had ankle operation 2 years ago and want a light as possible pedal

bug/blob/hawk as far as i know are all fairly heavy pedals.
my spec c is a standard clutch and its heavy compared to anything ive ever driven.
id say the one you drove is the same,so id say thats what your going to have to get used to.

Ciaran put a 6 speed exedy organic in my car and its light as feck i think.. Maybe I'm just used to it but I switch between 3 cars during the week and don't find it any different to the standard cars..

They're probably all a bit heavy but you get used to it and soon forget.
I remember my '01 leggy felt very heavy at the start but i dont think the current hawkeye is heavy at all. Having said that, when i get into the other car (honda) at home, i nearly put my foot through the floor because it feels so light.

Back