Code 24 and Speedo

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
Ok typical. I decide to sell the car and have had no real problems since owning her and all of a sudden I get a warning light with Code 24 and the speedo stops working. I have looked around many sites and I have been told that these two would be related to the one problem.
From the experience on this site what would you reckon has happened as i have made sure the cable is plugged into the rear of the clocks and still nothing and the code 24 has yet to flash back up on the dash but after ressetting the ECu the fault is still showing and speedo still isn't working

Just took the car on a quick drive there, i have read that when something like that goes the car is suppose to go into safe mode or something? Drove it there and she drove as normal, boosted to .8bar and went up through the revs ok. Also on idle she sits at 800rpm or there abouts

Took a look and think i have found the connection for the gearbox end of things but its seems fine. Took out the clocks and drove forward a bit and no movement out of the center of that wire. I take it thats a single wire going from the box to the speedo?

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=27048.msg318113#msg318113 date=1287265554]
drop in mate and we have a look
[/quote]Thanks mate, Got it sorted :) Found out where it bolts in, got it all changed yesterday so am a happy man again lol

Back