Quick Question On Electronics

C

CamoMo

Lads,

When I indicate to go left, the indicator seems to have taken 12 caps of pure Ephidrine - it's like tickticktickticktick. The right side is still fine - tick - - - tick - - - tick - - - tick. Don't ask me to make the noise. :D Is there anything I can do to sort this - or does this mean I'd need to look at getting the electronics sorted...??

I have also noticed that the right side indicator sometimes stays on, when I enable the alarm system. If I disable, then enable again - it turns off the indicator.

Do we have any electricians about...??

Thanks lads.

morphine for the left one

and some good uppers for the right

glad ta help.......bill is in the post

:ponder: :ponder:

More than likely a bulb gone on the side that is flashing too fast.

Throw on your hazards and take a walk around the car and make sure they are all working.

All bulbs ok - but I'll put on the hazzards and see - didn't think of that. :thumbsup:  That might confuse the living sh*t out of it.  :lol:  :lol:

take out the relay and give it a clean or check the earth points. I had this trouble with a soarer before and nearly torched the car over it. Electricity should go to the plugs and nothing else!

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=3128.msg30268#msg30268 date=1185876588]
take out the relay and give it a clean or check the earth points. I had this trouble with a soarer before and nearly torched the car over it. Electricity should go to the plugs and nothing else!
[/quote]

Thanks Legy. Lets say my mate Dave right, who has no experience with this stuff - where would he find the relay, and where would Dave check which earth points which might be causing the issue, on a Classic that is. :ponder: :oops: :D

tell dave :D they should be next to the fuses under the bonnet or around the steering column, dont know anything about imprezas. it will be in the manual for the car and the diagram will tell you which one is for indicators and hazards. axe dave legacy is the best way to find sh1t out. the earthing points are little straps or wires with washer type things bolted to the chasis or part of the engine bay, open the nut and see if its a good connection. i am to electrics what dereck davis is to high jump so dont take this as gospel

Legy - seems you right - the front left indicator light is now out. Wasn't when I check when it first started - but maybe it was trying to tell me something. :D

Cheers - replacing bulbs tonight. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my mate dave , who shall remain nameless :lol: :lol: :lol:

what the fck was that from again

Ali G - when he spoke to the cops about weed - always spoke about his "mate" Dave who did something, or wanted to try something, or find out about something.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: So that he hoped the cops would never suspect him. :thumbsup:

Back