Boost

02 WRX

Sunday Drivers
Hi Lads,

Just wondering what should a stock WRX boost at? - mine is boosting at around .5/.6 bar at full tilt.

Also I have a greddy type rs bov fitted and it tends to open up easy enough (can hear it give a slight woosh when the turbo is only starting to spool and I change gear) Is this normal or should I adjust the soft/hard setting on it?

My 01 WRX used to hit 1.0 bar of boost before I had it mapped - I'm pretty sure this is the normal level!

[quote author=02 WRX link=topic=26968.msg316296#msg316296 date=1286355571]
Also I have a greddy type rs bov fitted and it tends to open up easy enough (can hear it give a slight woosh when the turbo is only starting to spool and I change gear)
[/quote]

My skyline had a similar problem years ago,
I'd get rid of the BOV for a start, and see how she acts!

Let us know how you get on!

Dan

I'm only after geting the BOV fitted........maybe it was a bad idea.......i'm new to all this so i'm just learnin as I go along.

I've already arranged for the car to be looked at this week so hopefully it's somethin simple!

Thanks lads.

Wouldn't waste money on getting the car checked over just yet.

Take the dump valve off & put back the original & see is the problem still there.

Yeah I would take off the dump valve too and check it out. Mine is like yours, in that it releases the pressure quite early but I still hit .9 bar. Because of this, and a few other bits and pieces, my car is running very rich. The dump valve will cause your car to run rich because most aftermarket dump valves aren't recirculating dump valve. Because the air is not recirculating, the ECU (which is tuned to be a bit rich by standard) is tuned to expect the air back in but isn't receiving it. The car will not be running right because of this. So take off the dump valve, put back on the standard recirculating dump valve and you should be brand new :thumbsup:

If you want to keep the dump valve, I would recommend getting the bits and pieces done to your car that you want, then just before getting your car remapped re fit the aftermarket dump valve :icon_grin: but you will need to get your car remapped if you want to keep the dump valve by the sounds of it.

I am open to being told I'm wrong by the way because I'm quite new to this also :dance:

Had the car looked at and the BOV isn't the problem,

One of the boost lines had something caught in it and also the car was in a kind of limp mode.

It's back boosting again but not properly in the high gears - the ECU is holdong it back a bit.

The exhaust temp sensor is fooked so I have to get a new one of then and go from there.........I love problems! :lol:

Back