silly me!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
changed the oil yesterday, but forgot to put the sump washer back on! will it be ok without this until next oil change or will it start leaking after a while, messy job to try and do without a full drain! :icon_hang:

Aren't you suppose to use a new sump washer? I think reusing an old one can be risky as they then to degrade ...little bits of washer in your oil in the last thing you want, I'm surprised you got the filter on without the washer...I suppose if there no washer there and your confident its not going to come off it should be alright...bit of a risk but

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=26930.msg315956#msg315956 date=1286202095]
Aren't you suppose to use a new sump washer? I think reusing an old one can be risky as they then to degrade ...little bits of washer in your oil in the last thing you want, I'm surprised you got the filter on without the washer...I suppose if there no washer there and your confident its not going to come off it should be alright...bit of a risk but
[/quote]

yes i forgot to put the new sump washer on, no washer on the filter :)

will do a quick swap so, take the bung out stick on washer, get back on, hopefully not spilling too much oil all over the place!

Happened to me on the Mondeo before. stick on a rubber glove, pull the plug out, stick ur finger in the hole. Stick on the washer and replace it. Youll loose feck all especially if the oil cap is still on. Just be quick and dont drop the plug! you'll only have one hand to try get it back!!!

Could jack the car up on one side to an xtreme height, that mite get oil away from the hole

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=26930.msg315969#msg315969 date=1286208620]
As said quickest and easiest and cleanest way is to empty it all into a clean container and reuse...
[/quote]

Best bet and wont take too long :thumbsup:

[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=26930.msg315971#msg315971 date=1286209790]
it wont cause a problem or leak.
just stick a new one on next time. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Washer is there for a reason and should be renewed each change

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=26930.msg316077#msg316077 date=1286243680]
[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=26930.msg315971#msg315971 date=1286209790]
it wont cause a problem or leak.
just stick a new one on next time. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Washer is there for a reason and should be renewed each change
[/quote]

i no its there for a reson,
but sure come on, ya no your self there an easy thing to forget
an wont cause trouble if the sump nut is good an tight.
iv forgotten mine once or twice, nothing ever went wrong.

Back