URGENT HELP NEEDED SORTED

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
Im over at my mothers house car has lost all power turbo not boosting at all car will not rev very spluttery when it does any ideas stuck away from home at the min

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED

Will that lead to this prob i wouldnt know car will barely stay running and is extremely rough also think i can hear a hissing coming from the turbo

Just put it in diagnostics mode there is no faults being reported just a steady flashing of the check engine light

Check all vacuum hoses, had same problem a while back and it was a cracked vacuum hose on top of inlet

Sounds like how my skyline reacts to a boost pipe coming off!
Where are you??
Dan

Look down at turbo inlet, has the crap intake pipe split or burst ?

Sounds like a MAf gone. Thats how my typeRA acted when it went on me. Just went into safe mod. Put in a new MAf problem sorted straight away. (it ran like a donkey, would hardly thick over at all and the check engine light flashed on and off.)

Best of luck man.

I've seen your car heading out the dublin road loads this week sounded great. :subaru:

Hissing from turbo would suggest a Hose split, the one that goes under inlet manifold is really soft where it pushes up on turbo, also the turbo to i/c hose may have come loose, any of these will cause a hissing sound and it will run like crap, and naturally boost will escape after turbo,
no boost/ hissing sound would point me towards a pipe or hose that is after turbo and contains boost pressure, like turbo to i/c, i/c to throttle body etc etc

Cheers guys had to abandon it overnight at my mothers and borrow her 1 liter suzuki wagon to come home the hissing could only be heard on shut down but i was thinking if it was a fuel issue the mixture wouldnt be right and the turbo wouldnt get its required pressure but i dont know as i say it wont start at all now, but when it would i could floor the accelerator and the id be lucky if it hit 2000 rpm and was very spluttery, im gonna try bring it home and drop a new fuel pump in tomorrow whats really confusing is i wasnt getting any check engine light coming up and plugged the wires together for a diagnostic and nothing came up :ponder:
@Eric didnt realise you were in Portlaoise this week i was prob heading home from work or on my lunch was on the evening shift so was heading on lunch bout 8.30 most days and then finishing at 11.30

Take off fuel line going to the filter and turn ignition on to see if you are getting any fuel before you change the pump.

Back