6 spped conversion on a classic type r scooby

gersti

Petrolheads
hi any 1 got a 6 speed conversion done on there type r lookin to upgrade mine need a box from a 03> blobeye scooby with dccd wondering wats involved in doin this jus gearbox or shafts hubs etc

starter, clutch, flywheel, box, diff, auto propshaft (or cut yours, 82mm from memory), and linkages... If you want to run the dccd, you will also need a controller, dccdpro or the likes...

Is your own box fooked?

no the box is perfect in mine think it is geared a bit different 1st 2nd and 3rd very low and quick and jus wanted to upgrade when the new engine build is finished

Dont waste your time buying bits and bobs here and there.. Get everything from the one donor car.
Starting from front...
Get Flywheel, Clutch, starter, Gearbox, all linkages and gear stick, Gearbox cradle, Prop, and rear diff.
Try get as new a car as possible, apart fro mileage, older 6spds can give diff trouble.
But seriously, do a deal for everything from the one donor car,

Put around 200 euro aside for Physio visits after lifting the b@stard.

cheers lad thanks for the info did u need change your hubs or drives in the rear for the new diff

[quote author=KENC link=topic=26854.msg315303#msg315303 date=1285966337]

Put around 200 euro aside for Physio visits after lifting the b@stard.

[/quote]

Is there much weight difference between 5 speed and 6 speed ken??

Brian Its not about gearing gain, its the strenght of 6spd, There is 6pds in UK with 600+ Hp
Jap 6spds are geard almost same as Type R, Try get UK box, or think best ratio is one from Dans Fozzie.. but there ultra rare.
I would go as far as saying they must be nearly double the weight.

it would be alot cheaper to put a uk spec 5th gear(longer) into your 5 speed

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=26854.msg315542#msg315542 date=1286046909]
it would be alot cheaper to put a uk spec 5th gear(longer) into your 5 speed
[/quote]
He is getting a 2.5 built, and will be over the 400ftlbs marks, so classic box wont take too much of that

Ciaran, all the guys who have posted here should be entitled to a comission if you make sale :icon_grin:

no prob, i'd offer you some booster or something. but by the time you get all the bits together for your car, you'll change your mind again :lol:

Back