top mount

jackflash

Sunday Drivers
hi was wonderin if i was to replace my tmic with an aftermarket larger unit would i need to get a re tune dome :subaru:

if you go bigger with the TMIC then yes remap would be best.. try get a few mods up and going and then get a remap..

As above,
Remap is always advisable,
Personally, If I was just upgrading to a bigger top mount, I wouldn't bother remapping,
But unless you are upping boost, (which would require a remap) I wouldn't bother with the top mount on it's own!!
Dan

the tmic thats on there the fins are all bent and crap lookin lookin to get a hyperflow one its slighty bigger i think nice piece of engineering

[quote author=jackflash link=topic=26786.msg314625#msg314625 date=1285328099]
its a 99 my00 model wrx
[/quote]

fit a FMIC instead for little money difference than a TMIC would cost. Mapping required.

could just fit an sti5/6 one, good for 330 bhp, get them gor 100 quid.
I wouldnt buy an after market top mount, as Daza said spent the money on Fmic.. could also go STI8 tmic, but a bit of work in it and will probably cost near a fmic again its done, you will defo need map for fmic and maybe sti8. Sti5/6 shouldnt be a problem.
Think i have a standard wrx one, should be in good nick, 30 quid if you want a cheap and cheerful fix

New age WRX is a good bit bigger than the stanard, but a bit smaller than the STI8 cooler!
Dan

Back