Does this clutch look good?

TommyM

Petrolheads
I bought an os giken clutch today from a good japanese parts dealer ,but my mechanic worried me when he seen it and said its f**ked.... he never had any dealing with uprated clutches tho so he might not know what he's looking at ,he was worried about the flywheel and pressure plate having black marks on them as seen in the pics ,and also the disk has very small cracks between the pads on the clutch ,it was supposed to have been inspected before it left japan and passed as been in very good condition/close to new ?

just said id throw pics up here and see what you think before i fit

PICS TO FOLLOW

plates look ok just give then a light sanding with fine wet and dry sand paper they will shine up ok need a pic of the clutch on its own to see it better but also looks fine

It was taken out of a race car in japan because they change the clutch every time they take out the box for rebuild ,so im told ,and its about €2000 for the clutch new ,i payed €500 with a new release bearing ,i can get my money back but i dont know what to do ,iv a car on the lift with box and old clutch out there now ,was going to fit this one today but i cant decide if it was worth the money.... ??

Also would this clutch be noisey? i think it would be noisey when the car is out of gear?

Thanks for feedback lads!

the release bearing would only make it noisy if it was gone doesn look the best clutch obviosly been dipped a few times 2 many :lol: i would send it back

I might price a stronger exedy kit ,can anyone tell me what exedy one i have already....pics added ,i think its just stage 1 ?

on disk : EXEDY 7M14A TA015B

on pressure plate : EXEDY 8F10A H22513

Back