Engineering type question

KENC

ISDC Club Member
2 questions... where are the top places that do head skimming/ testing etc etc

And also, i am wanting to do a bit of porting, now i have a dremel but its not really up to the task, is there heads to be got for drills etc etc that can do internal diameter porting or polishing??

Would they all have experience with motorsport? or would Westward be the only one? as some like my local are just at jeeps and trucks etc etc

Westward would be the only one that I would give it to. Get him to port and polish it also, I wouldn't take a chance on doing it myself.

The heads were given a light p and p before,
The inlet manifold was reversed and it wasnt really tidied up where the wedge shape block was fitted to change angle of throttle body, it has always annoyed me so was gonna tidy it up, have found air die grinders on net for around 50 odd euro

So you are just porting in around the throttle body??
Sure fire away then, I defo wouldn't go near the valve side of things!
Westward is the only company that I know off hand that I would be happy to do the machining!
Dan

Yea might gind it hard to get a good angle on valves with a hand tool alright, then again i have seated in a good few valves with a hand tool and cutting paste during my hot rod days :icon_redface:
Likes of chambers etc and ports are grand to tidy up casting imperfections by hand.. sorted out the tools to do it

ken , if your thinking of getting your heads ported and polished , look up CNC head machining a bit pricey but defo the way to go :thumbsup:

anyone around using the cnc system? have cnc in work but never done heads, and they aint starting on mine :naughty:

Back