Might have found a dowpipe!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Has anyone have a Milltek system on their scoobys? I found a place in Uk that offers a full turbo back system for the twinscroll legacy's but the whole system is 1500 + vat so since i already have a decent cat back section on mine, im thinking of just buying the downpipe section. im wondering are their exhaust section compatible with standard sections etc? It would be great if i could just replace the first downpipe section of my system with the Milltek system, should free up a bit of power after remap.

Worse case scenario i would need to do a bit of modification to get things to join up properly but im sure Souhans or similar place could sort that easily.

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=26711.msg313669#msg313669 date=1285016579]
most miltek stuff is compatable with oe exhaust parts ,so should have no problem man
[/quote]

cool im thinking i only might need 3"--- 2.5" reducer since the Milltek system is 3 inch all they way yo the Y section. I would get the full Milltek downpipe ie the 2 sections but the sports cat section is 590 gbp plus vat! no thanks. Do the Imprezas have 2 cats in the downipe? Im just wondering if i remove th first cat with the Milltek section and leave the 2nd smaller cat in the lower section of the downpipe, would it pass the NCT?

Miltek wont do anymore custom stuff, but you'll defo get someone to reduce it for you!
Just check with milltek, do they do a 2.5" system,
It's unusual they would only do a 3" option!

Cats are just for pets Dan, Get rid of them all and put them back in at NCT time!
Defo worth while
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26711.msg313684#msg313684 date=1285018365]
Miltek wont do anymore custom stuff, but you'll defo get someone to reduce it for you!
Just check with milltek, do they do a 2.5" system,
It's unusual they would only do a 3" option!

Cats are just for pets Dan, Get rid of them all and put them back in at NCT time!
Defo worth while
Dan
[/quote]

Yes i know Milltek only make off the shelf bits these days. Only option i got a quote for was 3 " system. Last time i contacted Milltek they told me they dont make any exhausts for the twin scroll Legacy's anymore, so lets hope this supplier has some in stock or its back to the drawing board! Cats will go if i can keep my stock downpipe intact when i get new downpipe sorted!

Fair play Dan,
That's the price you pay to be different!

You are long enough looking for help on this, and our traders haven't been able to help, So I don't mind saying you should get intouch with Dirk at Powerstation/litchfield,
They were bringing in Leggy STI's for a while, and they may have comissioned miltek to develop a system exclusively for them!

See how you get on!

Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26711.msg313694#msg313694 date=1285019687]
Fair play Dan,
That's the price you pay to be different!

You are long enough looking for help on this, and our traders haven't been able to help, So I don't mind saying you should get intouch with Dirk at Powerstation/litchfield,
They were bringing in Leggy STI's for a while, and they may have comissioned miltek to develop a system exclusively for them!

See how you get on!

Dan
[/quote]

Was on to Litchfiled/powerstation guys in the past to with no joy either! The joys of owning these Legacy's!

They are very pretty though!
I must admit, I would have lost pateince at this stage, and swapped it all out for spec c twinscroll running gear!
Fairplay for your persistance!

Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26711.msg313699#msg313699 date=1285020772]
They are very pretty though!
I must admit, I would have lost pateince at this stage, and swapped it all out for spec c twinscroll running gear!
Fairplay for your persistance!

Dan
[/quote]

Ah, there not bad! I would prefer to keep the current turbo setup and max that out, rather than a spec C turbo swap as that would be mentaL money i think. Unless Nic hurries up and upgrades his turbo and sells me his vf36 setup for a good price! Would be nice to have the quickest Legacy in the village!

dan the downpipe only has one cat the othere is in the centre section....hayward and scott do a catless mid section......so come nct u can just throw in the your standard centre section u will be grand........happy days :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=26711.msg313704#msg313704 date=1285021237]
dan the downpipe only has one cat the othere is in the centre section....hayward and scott do a catless mid section......so come nct u can just throw in the your standard centre section u will be grand........happy days :thumbsup:
[/quote]

exhaust1.png

Our downpipe is made up of 2 sections John, 2 sections in red are the downpipe,each has a cat in it from what i was told. green section is centre section :)

Back