Boosting different at times...(maybe boost solenoid)

ianmulvihill

Sunday Drivers
When boosting normally and has good power it's 0.7/0.8 Bar, but it falls back to 0.4/0.5 Bar won't go any higher for a day or two then comes back right!! But now it's staying low. Also plugs may need to be done it's missing at low revs... If anyone can help would be great... Cheers

Re: Boosting different at times....

Sounds like it could be my boost solenoid, from reading other posts!! What type does a 95 WRX have?? Cheers also does anyone have one??

Sounds like limp mode!! Could be caused by detination
Try run her with a healthy dose of NF octane booster,
Someone on here will say how to reset the ecu, and see how she goes!
Hope it goes well!
Dan

Really the Ecu can go into limp mode as you call it, does the knock senor pick it up?? Makes sense thinking about it... cheers Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26650.msg312904#msg312904 date=1284832710]
Sounds like limp mode!! Could be caused by detination
Try run her with a healthy dose of NF octane booster,
Someone on here will say how to reset the ecu, and see how she goes!
Hope it goes well!
Dan
[/quote]

Ignore advice as you may have a serious issue. Advice such as add some octane boster then floor and boost stones out of her really isn't safe nor helpful.. Reset ecu with 1hr battery dis connect.. Could be number of things ian............

Thanks for the help lads, Engine light is coming on, it used to do this limp mode before I did a engine rebuild 2 years ago the odd time but doing it a lot more now, wonder would it be the knock senor wearing out??

well if check engine light coming on then flash code her as 3/4 way there.... from above knock sensor high chance mate...

Cheers Dave will try in the morning.... another quick question for 30 euro of petrol how many kms?? I only got 150km Cork to Gort...

mine does it with no miss fire and no engine light will that be the solinoid its only doing it for short times then going back to normal

Reset ECU this morning, running sweet now, I wonder was it because it has bein parked up for 14 months... We'll see how it goes see will it happen again. Thanks for all the help lads.... Now just found out the rad is cracked and leaking around the top hose, feckin cars theres always something!!

for €30 you get about 5gal at the price of 1.30 per ltr.

so you getting about 30km (18miles) per gallon at that rate

i think i get about 22/24miles per gal on a normal trip to cork city from castletownbere

[quote author=stanley link=topic=26650.msg313121#msg313121 date=1284900269]
mine does it with no miss fire and no engine light will that be the solinoid its only doing it for short times then going back to normal
[/quote]

I think the engine light has to be on to be in limp mode, mines stopped miss firing now as well after reset my ecu, sounds like you have a differnet problem..

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26650.msg313136#msg313136 date=1284906079]
for €30 you get about 5gal at the price of 1.30 per ltr.

so you getting about 30km (18miles) per gallon at that rate

i think i get about 22/24miles per gal on a normal trip to cork city from castletownbere

[/quote]

I haven't driven my scooby in 14 months, but just drove to Galway from Cork this week and cost me about €40 one way which is 128 miles, i don't remember it costing me that much ever.... seems mad

petrol prices - you not getting the same amount of fuel.
cant remember how much cheaper petrol was 14months ago..

but just a thought

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26650.msg313140#msg313140 date=1284906651]

but just a thought
[/quote]

Is has bein running in limp mode too, so I wonder would that have somethin to do with it!!! Thanks for the help

[quote author=Ian Jeffery link=topic=26650.msg313143#msg313143 date=1284907102]
[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26650.msg313140#msg313140 date=1284906651]

but just a thought
[/quote]

Is has bein running in limp mode too, so I wonder would that have somethin to do with it!!! Thanks for the help
[/quote]

forgive me if i have picked you up wrong but did you just drive 128 mile in limp mode?

Back