Boost gauge reading

dossie01

Petrolheads
I just fitted my new stepper motor boost gauge. It's sitting at -0.7 at idle and off boost & goes up to 1.1 at full boost. No mods on car at all . See pic below. Never had boost gauge before so not sure what it should read
dc172a41.jpg

And here's where I took the feed from, there was a boost gauge on the car previously, I took out the connected piece and teed into the already cut pipe
6048ec06.jpg

All ok or what?

Looks grand to me, will only read positive boost when driving so shouldnt go past zero just revving.
What boost is it reading when driving?

sounds fine, on my one its in psi

at idle runs at 21/22 psi
and when on the goes up to 17psi which is just under 1.2bar

if it has 3 wires, ground, main power and dim

i just wired all of mine into the radio system so when u turn ur lights on dims when the radio dims.

very handy

Defo has 5 red is constant black is ground, yellow is acc, orange & brown are the others. I'll play around tomorrow and see on these other 2 .

Im officially a twat, I placed the stepper motor on the inner wing of the car, of corse when it pissed rain moisture got at it and it's daffy ducked at the minute, just keeps resetting I've dried it with a hairdyer and leaving it for a while to see if it will function ok or if it's fcuked. Pain in the hole

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=26646.msg313176#msg313176 date=1284913754]
Im officially a twat, I placed the stepper motor on the inner wing of the car, of corse when it pissed rain moisture got at it and it's daffy ducked at the minute, just keeps resetting I've dried it with a hairdyer and leaving it for a while to see if it will function ok or if it's fcuked. Pain in the hole
[/quote]

dont feel that bad as a-lot of people have done the same, mount under the dash if it works again but i know of 3 that needed replaced for moisture related problems.

nice gauge. same as mine

readings are spot on too. Fingers crossed it starts working again for you.

The startup and shutdown sequence is great on these :icon_biggrin:

Back