Legacy Stock Subwoofer Location?

Jaak

Petrolheads
Hi,

Does anybody know where the stock subwoofer is located in a Legacy B4 2000?
Is it in one of the doors, or in the rear window space?

Many thanks,

It's up in the rear shelf jack, if you open the boot and look up underneath the shelf you should see it. Is there not a grille on the rear shelf?

Cheers Dossie,

I had a look there, but didnt look like there was anything.
there are two holes for 6x9's, but there are closed up.

I'll have a deeper look.

Leggy's are great like that
Built in sub! that is cool,
Dan

Cheers guys.

I removed the rear seats, lifted up the rear shelf, but couldn't find any speaker?
Does the subwoofer have a elliptical shape?
There is a hole, but is boarded up with metal.
My guess is it's probably removed then.

Also, under the drivers seat I couldn't find a amp, unless it's beneath the carpet, but to reach there I will have to remove the seat frame.

Only the leggys with mcintosh head units have a sub on the shelf and amp under the seat

I thought the amp was under passenger seat also. I reckon if there's no sub on the rear shelf it never had one.

Foz sti has a sub built into the passenger side on the boot wall!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26644.msg312929#msg312929 date=1284839921]
Foz sti has a sub built into the passenger side on the boot wall!
Dan
[/quote]

Is it an elliptical shape?

I really thought I had a sub, because the base it very good for a standard system.

I have a Infinity sub & amp lying around, wanted to fit it.
But my headunit (standard kenwood) does not have a subwoofer out plug in the back.
Guess I'll need a new headunit then. But can't be assed to spend 200 bucks just for this.

She's in behind a cover, I don't know what shape she is!
I got an Apline head unit that takes an Ipod, and my Sub hasn't worked since,
Maybe that doesn't have a sub function either?
Dan

Dan, you talking about your stock sub not working?
Could be the harness, or wiring that is missing the link to the sub.

Normally decent headunits have a seperate RC output in the back, which runs to your external amp.

It could be a bad conection,
I wouldn't go at it myself, I wouldn't know where to start
Dan

Its just a standard 6x9 on the rear parcel shelf mate, the wires are purple and white and are connected to an amp under the drivers seat, now thats if you have the mcintosh system still in the car. Had to rewire mine when i bought the new radio, very time consuming but worth it, 500w 5way 6x9 on the rear shelf with 4 JBL GTO628 series speakers in the doors :icon_headbang: :icon_headbang: :icon_headbang: I'll have a look at yours if you want and see if i can sort it out for you :thumbsup:

Cheers, I don't think I had the McIntosh as standard then. Wiring is easy enough to do.

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup:

Back