rear fog lamps

sbyrne017

Sunday Drivers
hiya lads

I took my car scooby for its nct the other day and the guy failed it as the rear fog lamps were not working,i have a switch for the rear fogs but there is no lamp at the back and the swicth doesnt illumanate or stay stuck in like the one for the front fogs? i have checked the rear tailights and there are no bulbs missing and no wear for a bulb to go? the lights on it are the sti clear and red type lenses and not the standard wrx classic ones and i wondering should i just take it back up to the centre and tell them there are no rear fogs? or do i need to try and fit a fog lamp?

any advice lads?

if there are no rear fogs at the back what i would do is remove the switch blank the hole and then bring it back

If its the same as the mot here in the north then a fog lamp must be there, be it in the rear clusters or a fog lamp. If its an import then a fog light will need fitting.

I only heard of this 2 weeks ago, that a fog lamp is now an NCT requirment. Anyone know for sure??

was told the same thing Ken

Will be checking it out in the coming days as My car is booked in for NCT

I booked it in 2 weeks ago..... The only date they could give me was the 29th October........... :cuckoo:

Ah dont tell me we are going to be like the uk now , with them gammy "reverse" and "fog" lights stuck on to cars with brackets ....

I was under the assumption , if its not standard kit on your car then its not required ...
All my jap cars have flown through NCT without rear fog lights , so i dunno has this changed

My car passed NCT about 4-5 weeks ago, no fog light on rear as not standard, unless the rules have changed since then?
Massive problem with inconsistency with the different testers in NCT, another chap might pass you! Blank up the switch in the car.

Thanks for all the advice lads I'm going to blank the switch and cross my fingers I will keep u posted with the results. Cheers

The problem in your case is.. that you're going for the retest, so they will be looking for the rear fog light in particular...

Don't think blanking the switch will get you through? :ponder2:

It might get you thru if you get someone different and tell them there was never a switch there.......

Worth a shot!!!

I gave in to pressure and fitted a rear fog,the car passed no bother and then i ripped the stupid thing off,

thanks for all the help guys

cheers

stephen

Back