Lights Dimming When Accelerating

Aimzey

Sunday Drivers
I started to notice this yesterday and started to notice again this evening.

Every time I press on the accelerator, I can see the lights dimming and not sure then wether they are constantly low when driving
Or just when i start and stop

I have the lights set that so every time i turn the ignition the lights come on . Just the main lights no the parkers

Could de a loose wire somewhere :dontknow:

Sure someone will be along soon with better knowledge.I open bonnet wounder what things do and then close it before trying to take off bits :lol:

:smokin:

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=26598.msg312069#msg312069 date=1284672402]
Could de a loose wire somewhere :dontknow:

Sure someone will be along soon with better knowledge.I open bonnet wounder what things do and then close it before trying to take off bits :lol:

[/quote]

I better not listen to you so , god only knows what wires id be pulling lol................

Could be an alternator problem maybe if its not charging the battery properly the lights would dim cos more of the power is needed for the engine but i really wouldnt be sure :dontknow:
I fall into the same category as Carlo but i wouldnt be as quick to close it :lol: learn by doing :icon_grin:

:lol: Was thinking altenator but havent a clue what it looks like never mind where it could be.

I only know what they look like cos i had to change one years ago :lol: Its right at the front connected to the same belt as the power steering pump on the classics so presume it would be the same on new age :dontknow:

Even tho thers a spran new batt in it , would that make no difference?? Im about as usless as Carlo lol

not if it was an alternator prob cos if its not getting enough charge it doesnt matter how new it is it wont work but like i say i rally wouldnt be sure

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=26598.msg312134#msg312134 date=1284675941]
alternator near the end of its life :icon_hang:
get it reconditioned or a different one id say

[/quote]

Pricey?

Its not unknown for brand new batteries to fail-test battery and alternator using a multimeter. Both should be reading about 14v. This will rule out one or the other. Alternator re-wind usually 100-120euro.

Back