Thermostat??

Alan The Wagon

Petrolheads
Lad's having a problem which i hope somebody can put me straight on, im thinking the thermostat is gone as when driving and not spirited just easy, after a while, stream comes up from what im guessing the header tank, topped up with coolant and problem persists, i don't want to take any chances, so were better to ask, any help is much appreciated lad's. :thumbsup:

Is the temperature needle rising above normal? Are the fans kicking in? Are the top and bottom rad hoses hot to the touch?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=26580.msg311909#msg311909 date=1284622962]
Is the temperature needle rising above normal? Are the fans kicking in? Are the top and bottom rad hoses hot to the touch?
[/quote]if all of what robbie said is ok try a different cap when i had my classic had the same problem got a 1.3 bar cap off nick in couture and it went away spring can go weak in the standard cap

Did she ever get really hot??
Don't go driving to far untill you rule out that rad cap!
After the rad cap, It could very well be the head gasket, :icon_sad:
Is your water normal colour??

Dan

Ye its normal dan, im thinking its defo the thermo, scolding hot to touch cold on the bottom, i guess it maybe staying open, gonna get 1 from carrol and roche nyway just to be safe, bleed d system get it ready for the cold weather.

If it was stuck open your water temp would drop as you were on a long drive. Are you noticing the temperature gauge get colder if your on a motorway?

Steve.

Nah steve its weird the temp gauge did go up a little, nothing extreme, gonna try take the thermo out and see whats happening replace coolant and hope its nothing worse like what dan was saying, head gasket maybe :dontknow:

last year had steam coming out of mine
turned out to be one of the radiator hoses
supposedly it is quiet common theres on at the bottom and one at the top
not sure if it is relevant to your problem Alan :dontknow:
Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

[quote author=Alan The Wagon link=topic=26580.msg311993#msg311993 date=1284652215]
Ye its normal dan, im thinking its defo the thermo, scolding hot to touch cold on the bottom, i guess it maybe staying open, gonna get 1 from carrol and roche nyway just to be safe, bleed d system get it ready for the cold weather.
[/quote]

Heres my guess, i'd nearly be thinking its your the rad thats at fault.

The heat isn't being spread evenly and leaving system.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Back