do i

dave b

Petrolheads
lads i have apexi fc..if i change exhaust and intake will it run ok or will i need that expensive re map? :653:

if it was me id re-map it!! they can be finicky enough if you just bolt on mods and dont map them accordingly :thumbsup:
as above if you plan on changing thos items id highly recomend a re-map.
also not everybodys advice..............but before i modded my spec c i fitted a cosworth baffle sump first,i would highly recomend this.
i then did the usual,exhaust,filter,dump valve and a re-map shortly after fitting these parts.

map it i say and run her on good juice,compare a rebuild to the price of a good re-map??? :subaru:

wouldnt bother with the induction kit as they can mess up your air flow meter which can be expensive to replace and make the car run lean. just change the filter. as for the exhaust yeah id get it remapped to get the best out of the mod :thumbsup:

Agree regarding the Induction,
Mapping shouldn't cost to much with no licence to pay!
It's the very best "bang for yor buck" mod you can do!
Dan

You are lucky that you have an apexi, that makes getting her mapped around 500euro cheaper than a map with first time ecutek licence,
Dont know what car you have, but the mods you are talking about should be bundled together as a stage 1 package
Walbro fuel pump, pfr7b plugs, Exhaust system, and uprated drop in panel filter (my recomendation) or an induction kit.
Remap for these mods and a good fuel like e5, and your car will be transformed, There is really no way to explain the difference it makes, it will be rapidly faster than from the factory, and in most cases drive better.

My first ever mapped car was a 00 sti, with the mods above, and drop in filter and i only got the car mapped for straight 95oct.. and it was a serious piece of kit to move, like everyone else, i was stuck on the price of the map, and didnt know what to do, i had to ecutek which was around 1000 euro... but well worth it, and i would spend it in a heart beat again.

If you are not going to map her, then just leave her alone, as you are only tapping into about 10% of what she could be with a map and thats without taking into a/c the risks that are run without a remap..
when i fitted a straight through system i couldnt drive the car as it kept oveboosting and fuel cutting, had to drive off throttle until i got mapped

Back