What size??

PatrickBuzzin

Gonna change the wheels again and was wondering what the biggest rim size and offset I can go for without modifying the arches. Gonna stay with 18s and the tire size is 225/45/18? Also what is involved in rolling the arches to get a bigger set on and does anyone on here do it? Price range roughly? Cheers in advance for the replies.

Patrick

A company in Maynooth called Engineering Revolutions does arch rolling, about 30 quid a corner if I can remember correctly. I'll PM you a number :thumbsup:

The widest wheel I'd put on would be an 8x18 although the are lads on here with 9x18's I think The tyre I had on the prodrive bug was a 225 45 R18. If I can remember rightly and they where spot on. :thumbsup:

I'm running 225/45/18 (114.3 pcd) on
My blob.lowered as far as it can go on
Coilovers.they never rub even with people
In the back.

waas just pricing these on www.japshop.co.uk/
surely i made a mistake
couldnt be that cheap :dontknow:

shopping Cart
DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST REMOVE
Part: ULGTP-1885-2BR ULTRALITE GT-P
-- --
18" Tyre Packages 225-265mm
18 InchTyre Sizes 225-265 - Tyres: Toyo T1R* 225-40-18 (+£78.00 +VAT) 4
£78.00 / €93.60 £312.00 / €374.40
Subtotal £312.00 / €374.40
Shipping £10.00 / €12.00
VAT £56.35 / €67.62
Total £378.35 / €454.02

I've seen that type of wheel on Evo's ect but never on an Impreza. Should look and interesting. Bestof luck with your choice.
:subaru:

Cheers Eric, another question, has anyone here ever used any company to ship stuff from the US to here. The company wont organize the shipping of the wheels. :thumbsup:

get them marked as a gift or you will be screwed for tax i think
we use to bring chromes and spinners in a few years back and eventually got rode on tax so dropped it
ended been to dear
if you do it right you save a few quid
but beware there tyres are different to ours
there is no rim protector in other words they have the edge of the rim exposed from the tyre
while we have the tyre sit past the rim ( huge difference )
i tried to order the right tyres once with a set of 150 spoke player wire wheels for a customer and eventually had to cancel the order because the supplier couldnt give me the tyres the customer wanted :ponder2:
be careful i would recomend rims only
and then save plenty :thumbsup:

[quote author=PatrickBuzzin link=topic=26547.msg311602#msg311602 date=1284506190]
Cheers Eric, another question, has anyone here ever used any company to ship stuff from the US to here. The company wont organize the shipping of the wheels. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Ya Colm I will be gettin the rims only. At the risk of sounding retarded is it just a case of putting on a new set of tires that I already have.

Back