Bonnet pins

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
Have a set of bonnet pins ordered for my type ra as with it being a lightweight bonnet even at motorway speeds i can see the sides of it bouncing a bit in the wind and id always be worried that it could pop up was just wondering are they hard to fit ive never fitted a set before

the new style flush fit pins look really well but you need to have a steady hand with the drill and grinder.

are they the flush fit ones or ordinary ones.. Ordinary ones very easy ta fit as all ya gotta do is drill hole for the actual pin to fit to the car and then a hole in bonnet for the pin to come through. Flush fit ones are bit more difficult as the hole is slightly bigger but still no major problem with fitting them once ya got steady hand

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=26377.msg309662#msg309662 date=1283930313]
Took a set of old rusty bonnet pins out as i want the car to look as standard as possible (bonnet painted to match the car) :thumbsup:
[/quote]

You have bonnet pins Robbie... :ponder2: how have I never seen them...?

Not on the car J, they came on the carbon bonnet i bought but I'm getting rid of them for the aerocatch ones :thumbsup:

cheers guys :thumbsup:
their just ordinary ones in blue its just for my own peace of mind really, i think i heard before that they might just screw in the rubber bits that the bonnet sits on so the only drilling id have to do would be the bonnet any tricks that might come in handy for drilling the bonnet i really dont wanna muck it up

ye tiny bit of paint on pins when they fitted to car and lightly let bonnet down so paint tips underside and theres ya drill points and drill holes very slow so ya dont dent the bonnet while drilling

Back