urgent,brake discs

tractorman

Need a pair of good discs for front,grooved and possibly drilled.Current ones have just cracked today.Any recomendations for sites,places,brands etc
thanks
Alan

Last wed.or fri.buy and sell lad had a few bits,grooved discs included,think he wanted 300 the lot

A mate of mine runs grooved and drilled discs on a dc2 integra (lighter than a scooby) and It eats pads (apex and mintex pads) with no great increase in braking performance!! I'd use standard discs with good pads (mintex or ferodo) and fresh mintex racing brake fluid bleeded through properly! I find that works well for me on trackdays in my skyline!
hope this helps.
Dan

The drilled brake pads are known to crack. They are only really suitable for track use (they dissipate heat better).

As mentioned above, get a good set of pads and either plain or grooved disks.

I'd suggest just go to your local motor factors and get new ones. They are not too expensive. I got plain 326mm vented disks for my Brembo conversion for a bit less than €200 for the front two.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=3051.msg29139#msg29139 date=1185261189]
The drilled brake pads are known to crack. They are only really suitable for track use (they dissipate heat better).

I'd suggest just go to your local motor factors and get new ones. They are not too expensive. I got plain 326mm vented disks for my Brembo conversion for a bit less than €200 for the front two.
[/quote]

that whys EBC brakes do not drill right through, they are dimpled, I can get these at a very good price but they wont be till next month as I have already got my quota for this month, they also have a new disc design, follow link

www.ebcbrakesdirect.com

will not say cost but they wud be cheaper than what yogi paid for 326mm discs, depending on exchange rate with the pound

thanks for the replies and advise lads,got sorted via Ebay .£85 sterling for a pair of 40 groove discs delivered to the door :headbanger:Thanks for the offer of EBC Gojonnyjo,very kind

thanks again
Alan

[quote author=gojonnyjo link=topic=3051.msg29140#msg29140 date=1185263582]
[quote author=Yogi link=topic=3051.msg29139#msg29139 date=1185261189]

[/quote]

that whys EBC brakes do not drill right through, they are dimpled, I can get these at a very good price but they wont be till next month as I have already got my quota for this month, they also have a new disc design, follow link

www.ebcbrakesdirect.com

will not say cost but they wud be cheaper than what yogi paid for 326mm discs, depending on exchange rate with the pound
[/quote]

can you source for a b4? i know front are th same as impreza but looking for rears aswell

Back