cracking and sqeaking front wheel

padraic

Petrolheads
well all i got aloud cracking and sqeaking noise from pasenger side front wheel... put new pads in and it was sound for a few days and brought it for a drive this eve and its back again... just wondering would it be the drive shaft or wheel bearing... all help will be greatfull

If it's just since the new pads, then that would defo be were I'd be looking!
I'd take them apart and put them back together again, making sure there is nothing out of place,
ie.Did you put the springs the stop the pads from rattling around back in properly??
Let us know how you get on!

Where are you based?
Dan

in galway dan

it was at it before i changed pads and i kinda hoped it would sort... all springs sound

In galway!
Right, I'm no help to you then! sorry,

I would say get her to a garage soon enough just incase it is something loose or dangerous!
Best of luck man!
Dan

ahh didnt see in your post the squeling was there before the pad change. does it get louder on turning??

Sounds like ya have a dodgy bearing or sumthing like that alright!!!!
Is there a humming noise as you drive along?
has the front wheel had any knocks or bangs out of the ordinary lately?
Just wondering if there is a chance you might have damaged your strut or sumthing similar!!!

thanks for the help lads... got it sorted faulty drive shaft.. boot covers perfect but water got into joint and fecked it up...
stuck in new one there and running perfect thankgod

the funny thing about it when car cold not a bit of noise but after 5 or 6km it would start...

[quote author=padraic link=topic=26264.msg308719#msg308719 date=1283550504]
thanks for the help lads... got it sorted faulty drive shaft.. boot covers perfect but water got into joint and fecked it up...
stuck in new one there and running perfect thankgod

the funny thing about it when car cold not a bit of noise but after 5 or 6km it would start...
[/quote]

Glad you got sorted :thumbsup:

Good man,
Thanx for letting us know!
Best of luck with it man.
Dan

Back