b4 droping boost

huzzy

Sunday Drivers
hi lads looking at a club members car and shes droping boost..

''it boosts to .5bar ok then to1.0bar (full boost) then drops for a second to .5 then back up to full boost and holds''

new solinoid fitted will it need the one for the other turbo?

huzzy :thumbsup:

Hey Huzzy,

Is this happening during the so called VOD - the few seconds when the primary drops before the secondary kicks in??

Alan.

no afraid not its while on the second turbo she just drops back down for a sec then back up to full boost :(

I reckon the car is too fast for you & Kevin and your lifting
your right foot Subconsciously :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there anyone near by with a B4 , maybe just swap solinoid's
for half an hour................What about the lad down your way
with the navy legacy .............any good :ponder: :ponder:

Niall.

i was just about to open a new post about this too,
i just fitted a new solenoid yesterday and i think im getting the same problem, its boosting up to 1 bar then dropping and going back up after a couple of seconds, this is mainly happening in 1st and 2nd gear, the rest dont sem to be too bad....
how can i tell if its dropping in between primary and secondary (VOD), that could be my problem.....??

[quote author=hogan69 link=topic=3042.msg29220#msg29220 date=1185292230]
i was just about to open a new post about this too,
i just fitted a new solenoid yesterday and i think im getting the same problem, its boosting up to 1 bar then dropping and going back up after a couple of seconds, this is mainly happening in 1st and 2nd gear, the rest dont sem to be too bad....
how can i tell if its dropping in between primary and secondary (VOD), that could be my problem.....??
[/quote]

The VOD isnt a problem it is how the turbos are set up..it is virtually impossible to eliminate totally even with mapping..some lads on uklegacy reckon you can run the turbos in parallel by changing the configuration of the hoses but you will lose bottom end power..no boost till about 3500 rpm..
its a characteristic of the b4..shifting at the right revs you shouldnt drop into the VOD should stay on the second turbo

so the 1-2 second delay until the secondary turbo kicks in is fairly normal then......?
what sort of revs should the primary stop at and secondary kick in at,....? just trying to get my head around the twin turbo on the b4 if anyone could explain in detail itd be great,
and sorry huzzy for hi-jacking this thread with my own questions!!  :lol:

cheers!! :thumbsup:
simon

first turbo should finish at 4000rpm the second turbo should spool at 4500rpm(roughly)..its only about 500rpm or so but it feels like a big gap because there's no boost at all..you just have to adjust your driving stlye

VOD .. i,m the only legacy around my area and was full sure i had a problem . my mind is eased . and i thought i was the only gold B4 till i saw yuor pic hogan69

[quote author=damo link=topic=3042.msg29605#msg29605 date=1185468503]
VOD .. i,m the only legacy around my area and was full sure i had a problem . my mind is eased . and i thought i was the only gold B4 till i saw yuor pic hogan69
[/quote]

one for sale in auto trader this week.

bollox another gold b4, looks like ill have to sell up and get a pink one, that way i can be unique again!! :twofinger:

where are you located damo , i wouldnt mind meeting up with another b4 to see how their car drives to see if i have a problem, if someone is interested?

i,m in mayo hogan69. i,ve had a few issues with the car already , but shes driving well these days . i,ve put a new rad into it two days ago ., other one bust at the top.

[quote author=hogan69 link=topic=3042.msg29876#msg29876 date=1185614385]
bollox another gold b4, looks like ill have to sell up and get a pink one, that way i can be unique again!! :twofinger:

where are you located damo , i wouldnt mind meeting up with another b4 to see how their car drives to see if i have a problem, if someone is interested?
[/quote]

where you based?

Back