break issue

bandriszal

Petrolheads
I am having some problems with rear break.
It was noise for a few days and went to a local garage to have a look as I had to drive to Dublin on the next morning. The shown Me pads were worn to metal on the rear pasanger side. Replaced to aftermarket (nothing else available in Athlone) and the guy said the caliper was sticking but they freed it so should be fine. Drove to Dublin and got some heat but nothing too bad.On the way back still warm but ok, stoped in town for few minutes and when I got home (10km from town) the break was smoking! :icon_omg:
Tomorrow I will try to clean the caliper with some break fluid. Have You any idea what else should I try before replacing the caliper?

Dont replace the caliper, just buy a seal kit from the main dealer (about €30) and rebuild it :thumbsup:

Only ever use clean brake fluid to clean parts of a caliper :thumbsup:

We checked it today. Caliper is fine but disk is worn and not smooth. Can You please PM me prices for them disks? Maybe standard ones?
THX

Thanks. Answer snt.

I drove Her today about 15 miles and break is very-very hot.Even smoking a little bit. I am affraid the caliper is not right either. :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Back