H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers

dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
Just wondering are the the best spacers to get :ponder2:
http://www.trakplus.com/

Il need 5mm for the wheels to fit over the brembos.
Will i have to do anything with the arches on a classic, it will be lowered at lot more.

Any effects on handling ect

there 18in inovite stvi with 215 tyres. im no good with offsets and all that suspension stuff.
but i guess the 5x100 et30 :ponder2: thats just a guess

would not say they are et30 man scooby rims are usually about et48 -et53 so if they wre as wide as et30 you would not need spacers if you have one of the rims off look at the back side of the spokes and you should see the et number it will be encraved there sti v7 up have an offset of et53 and clear brembos so you need to check that first man and you will need 215/35/18 tyres and trim the rear arch back to stop rubbing

checked them et42 on them. must have got the et30 from the yank forums.

these wheel are ment to fit over brembos, like it said on there site, but they dont.
will i need them spacers for the rear aswell, didnt know that.

reading some thread, some say they tried everything and they still dont fit and more say they fit with 5mm spacers.... :icon_eyes:

et 42 should be ok what are the wheels have they a very straight spoke or some design thats stoppin them from workin

Re: H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers

I'd just roll the arches and fit 10mm spacers all round,
Not many lads have the nerve to do it!
And I'd be afraib of any specer that is not hubcentric!! ie. the spacer sits snuggly over the bit that sticks out of the hub, and then the wheel sits snuggly over the bit that sticks out of the spacer, also make sure you get the longer studs!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26196.msg307779#msg307779 date=1283276273]
I'd just roll the arches and fit 10mm spacers all round,
Not many lads have the nerve to do it!

Dan
[/quote]

Why :ponder2:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=26196.msg307779#msg307779 date=1283276273]
also make sure you get the longer studs!
Dan
[/quote]

It was hard enough to get decent wheelnuts to fit these wheels,
Do these come in a longer lug.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lug-Nuts-Spline-...rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories#ht_1782wt_1137

These wheels are more hassle than they are worth.

:thumbsup:

Where do they fit, onto the spacer or over the standard wheel studs.

Is there any good thread on scoobynet about all this with pics, i cudnt find much, only lads saying they wouldnt use spacers.

All this stuff is beyond me.

ya brocks was saying that in a post, but i dont know what they tried.

im only going by what im reading cos none of the suppliers have a clue about them, they cant even say what nuts fit them.

[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=26196.msg307822#msg307822 date=1283284268]
ya brocks was saying that in a post, but i dont know what they tried.

im only going by what im reading cos none of the suppliers have a clue about them, they cant even say what nuts fit them.
[/quote]

i would pm you his no. for a chat but i cant send pm`s.... :wall:

i will pm nick spec c on si and he could perhaps pass on his no. to you.............done

It would be cool to be the lad who could fit those wheels when others couldn't!
I said to fit the 10mm hubcentric spacers with the longer studs that replace the origional scooby ones, so theu are long enough to go through the spacers into the wheels, those wheel nuts will work grand, although I am very weary of alloy nuts, they are much weaker than steel!
Loads of lads prattle on about not using spacers, if fitted properly, they are exactly the same as wider off set wheels!
I have been using 20mm bolt on spacers with my track wheels on the foz for years now! no bothers, and they have been on and off loads of times!
Dan

Back