subaru legacy fuel pump

mynameismud

Middle Lane Hogs
Hello all i have a 95 legacy rs, fuel pump packed up yesterday down in the darkest depths of whest cork, and on a sunday!! Anyway i was fortunate to know where their was a 96 impreza 1.6 scrapped and with a fue basic tools i managed to swap the pump, even though the impreza one is only about half the size, but anyway the car started and drove okay doesn't idle too good(nearly cuts out) but anyway got me out of a tight spot,

Phoned the subaru dealer today and too my horror they quoted me €375 before VAT!!!!! And they wouldn't even know how long it would take to come from japan!

Can anyone tell me if any other pump will do? Seen a fue on ebay this for example: http://cgi.ebay.ie/WALBRO-255-FUEL-...60231101?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM just not sure if it'll do the job?

my old pump reads A42-646055 12v 4330m
UNISIA JECS MADE IN JAPAN

Its 52mm in diameter and 99mm long.

Help would be greatly appreciated,

Got a walbro fuel pump last week for 110 delivered from camskill in under 24 hours. Cant beat that for service and value!

Got sorted thanks to Mark Murphy Motors in Douglas wollen mills, got a new fuel filter while i was at it, car sorted, drinking petrol like it should :lol:

Back