Smokey when changing gear after 4000rpm??

Big_Red

Middle Lane Hogs
I was a bit worried about this but I was told that it is ok and happens to scooby's. I rarely drive the car on but when I bring her past 4000rpm with the boot down and change gear, a puff of smoke will come out of my exhaust. Like I said I was told that it's grand but because I don't want any problems with her, I just thought I would put up a thread and see if it happens to anyone else? It happens now and again and isn't a huge amount.....but still worries me

I will probably be told I am a tool and it's completely normal but I would rather that the have engine problems donw the line :lol:

Cheers lads

Lets not get carried away yogi.... :lol:

I dont get puffs of smoke and I dont have an oil catch tank.

Would an oil catch pot help me out do you think?

.......crap, just what I hoped NOT to hear haha

the over fueling may have something to do with it alright,
but wouldnt imagine that was your only problem..

i doubt an oil catch will sort this problem for ya man..

im sure someone with more info will be able to help you out when they get on line.

:thumbsup:

What colour is the smoke? Is it blue-ish? Is the car pulling alright when turbo kicks in? Don't want to scare you but have you considered it might be your turbo. :dontknow:

Has the car been mapped for a straight through exhaust.....ie you have deleted both cats....not surprised its overfueling then

[quote author=Daza link=topic=26180.msg307823#msg307823 date=1283284287]
Has the car been mapped for a straight through exhaust.....ie you have deleted both cats....not surprised its overfueling then
[/quote]

iv gotten rid of my cats an have a td06 20g

not mapped and no issues. running fine.
every car is different.

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=26180.msg308310#msg308310 date=1283442228]
If its blue smoke you cud be talking head gasket gone or cracked piston :icon_sad:
[/quote]

Blue smoke can also be turbo, Gretts can tell you that. :icon_grin:

[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=26180.msg308300#msg308300 date=1283439704]
[/quote]

every car is different.
[/quote]

you have removed both cats and running a 20g and its running fine!!!!! :naughty: "unmapped" that`s just mental :cuckoo:

Nah ita ain't bluey smoke at all, just a bit black from what I can see. I think she just needs a remap to be honest

Well I have a massive scoop, about three time te size if normal scoops if that's any use? Is that what you mean?

No mate, the dump valve is attached to the front of the intercooler... standard is recirculating but aftermarket (loud when changing gears) ones are usually vent to atmosphere which means the car overfuels slightly when you change gear... If its only a puff of white smoke when you change gear, i just thought it may be caused by this :dontknow:

Ahh I didn't know that at all, I must get one the lads to follow behind me one of the days and check out what color it is! Tha ks for that info mate, appreciate it! Even if that's not it, it's good to know

[quote author=Daza link=topic=26180.msg308545#msg308545 date=1283510482]
[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=26180.msg308300#msg308300 date=1283439704]
[/quote]

every car is different.
[/quote]
Each to there own.
Some might call it mental but I'm sure I'm not the only
One out there running this set up...

I do no the horror stories tho :)

you have removed both cats and running a 20g and its running fine!!!!! :naughty: "unmapped" that`s just mental :cuckoo:
[/quote]

Back