Brake Disc Skimming

dossie01

Petrolheads
My car is suffering quite badly with shudder when braking, Ciaran has confirmed the discs look like they are warped so need replacing/ skimming. He is coming back to me with prices, im goin away next month so cant afford to replace them for a month or 2, has anyone got their discs skimmed before? There is a place in Glasnevin, Howards that will do it same day for € 25 odd per disc. It would be a good interim solution for the meantime till I get the money up to replace upgrade.

Cant go for brembos because of the OZ Superleggeras I have, Ciaran recons the calipers will foul

Also anyone know where I can source OEM discs? they are 316mm x 30 mm, so not easy to find ( well I cant )

Group buys on scoobynet for disks from a few different suppliers, godspeed, aztec performance, all circa £99... some including pads afaik... Check it out: http://bbs.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/ .. If you don't find what you're looking for, pm them and ask and they will usually do you a good deal at the same time :thumbsup:

As for the alloys, you can throw one over my brembo's to check if they clear... The 18" wheel has a chance but the 17's definitely don't fit...

Back