help needed.

sligo_dave

Petrolheads
Was on the way home from punchestown today and bout 15 miles from home the car started acting up. Was travelling at normal speed (bout 100km) and when I tried to accelerate the car seemed to stutter and didnt increase speed.

Nursed it along as was on a bendy stretch with nowhere to pull over. Tried accelerating again and it kept stuttering and then started chucking along slowing itself down with accelerater down. so pulled over at first chance and turned car off and rang for a toe to the house.

While waiting i thought id check to see if any visible fault with vacuum hoses but couldnt see anything. then tried starting it but it started for maybe 3 or 4 seconds and then cut itself out. tried starting again and engine was turning over but wouldnt fire.

What can be causing such a sudden problem??? Coil pack? Fuel pump? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

A lot of things could cause that but it does sound like not enough fuel alright :thumbsup:

been trying to figure the problem out all morning. Fuel pump is working as plenty of fuel pressure after fuel filter. :thumbsup:
not coil pack or leads as getting spark when trying to start. :thumbsup:

So investigating potentiometer and injectors wiring and relay next. :ponder:

Anything else i should be looking for?? :dontknow:

no CEL light came on, or should i say stayed on. but im gonna try flashing the code and see if that throws up anything. Doubt it could be maf as not even starting now. Its something relatively simple, just a matter of finding the fooker!! :wall: :wall:

same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Turned out to be maf sensor needed replacing

Checked for a fault code but gave no code, just flashed steady indicating ok. Gonna drop it to the local Subaru stealers and see what they come up with. :wall:

All sorted again. Turned out to be a sticking valve on the fuel pump causing intermittent fuel supply. Uprated Walbro now installed and better that ever. :multijump:

Back