Seat Belt.

mart

Sunday Drivers
I was just wondering has any one seen or installed a full 3 point belt in an older impreza?? I have a wagon 00.. would like a full belt for middle of back seat instead of the lap belt, so a child can sit safe in the back :thumbsup: Dont know if it can be done, but wouldnt mind finding out..

I reckon it could be done but it'd be a lot of effort.

that was my thoughts when i had a quick look at it!! I feel a change coming on...lol

safest mounting position will be low down towards the base of the rear of the seat!!!! either that or on the boot floor!!!!!!
you will need to mount some kind of guide at the top of the seat so the belt doesnt wonder all over the gaff thus making it unsafe!!!!

You will also need to ensure the split rear seat is properly secured so as in the event of an accident the split in the rear seat doesnt just fold!!!!!
Possibly bracing to a strut brace etc....

been looking at a 3 point harness, It might be the way to go!! The rear mounting is the only one I will have to work out..

factory position on bug wagons of legacy b4 wagons etc is seat belt and roller etc in roof. So would think messy aftermarket fit safely..

As in it has to be perfect position in event of accident as in pressing on neck etc rather then shoulder..

yeah was thinking more like a 3 point rally harness..

something along these lines!!

3%20point%20race%20clip%20in.jpg

Back