Clicking Boost Solenoid on ignition

Codders

Member Number 162Full ISDC Members 2015
Hey

After 6 months wait I've started the engine today... it started ok and seemed to be working fine. :thumbsup:
Then I left it on idle to gain some temperature and the fan for some reason didn't start.. even at 95 degrees :ponder2:
so I turned it on and cooled down.. then wanted to check the fan so turned the ignition on and....

-Apexi didn't initialize - FC controller showed only the APEXI start page... and the boost solenoid (Denso) kept clicking...

After disconnecting the plug from boost solenoid and reconnecting back again it started clicking again... :ponder2:
The engine obviously doesn't turn on.

Any ideas?

give mark murphy a ring monday morning and see what he says peter...........

I'd think so too Phil, I found on other forum that it happens when the ECU ground is loose or missing.

Now .. where is the ECU ground? :ponder2:

I'm going to toe it to Mark Murphy tomorrow methinks...

There is an earth attached to a nut that holds the factory ecu in place you could try that.

Or the ground wire in the diagram below.

V3/V4
V3-V4ECU.jpg

V5/V6
V5-V6ECU.jpg

Thanks Phil, I will check that...

Do you know if the FC needs some kind of rewiring before its installed in GC8, or its just straight on (plug&play) replacement for the stock ECU?

It's a direct swop when installing the FC, the standard block connectors will go straight in.

Steve.

It turned out that Apexi FC is fxxxed :sad:
The engine has started on standard ECU alright

Does anyone know if there is a place providing Apexi service in Ireland?

I don't really know what to do now... I know I shouldn't run it on standard ECU with my decat downpipe, FMIC installed. The funds are quite tight at the moment as well :/

Couture Auto are Apexi dealers but dunno if they can repair them, couldn't hurt to ask :thumbsup:

Hope you get it sorted soon man, With any luck its only condensation or carbon build up on the board and its not fooked

As Phil said it could be condensation or carbon build up. Happened to my stock ecu before. Did you take the board out of it's case? How does it look?

The last time I looked at it - it was pretty clean..

The weird thing is... its been working the same day, then after 4th start of the engine.. it refused to initialize.

I will have to take a magnifying glass and give it a closer look again.

The car is now with Adam Hussey, he ordered the stock ECU for me for the time being.. but not sure if its safe to run on it :ponder2:

I have a front mount, vf28 turbo, full decatted system not mapped the last year and a half and running fine. I've a boost controller though, to stop spikes. Your only problem is fuel, your stock ecu is mapped for jap fuel, mine is UK so I get on fine with maxol.

Back