Re: brake lines ( sorted)

ker99

Petrolheads

hey lads im changing my brake lines and have 3 done and last one ( driver side rear ) is giving me trouble, the nut that goes into the brake line ( coming off the car body ) wont budge , can i get a joiner and join the pipe or is it a new line :ponder2: and help appreciated

Re: brake lines

spray it with wd40 or similar and leave it over night ,if that doesnt work you may need to use a vice grip to open it, what do you mean join it where are you talkin bout man

ive tried wd40 and vice grips, what i ment is cut back where the metal pipe is on the car , join it and make it up that way :ponder2:

its hard to get those original pipes to flare man cause they are made of steel ,you would need to trace it back to join or to the begining of the pipe and replace the whole pipe with the copper brake pipes you buy in a roll its worth a try on the old pipe have you got a flareing kit

no lad , just googledit there and halfords have a set will look into in tomo, cheers

sorted this morning, used the small grinder with a sanding disc and added a little heat, and it sorted it, :thumbsup:

Back