scooby engine noise

gersti

Petrolheads
hi lads have a noise in me scooby its either the big end bearings or the crank icon_sad only comes in it at 2500 rpm slighty after and before it is perfect wanna head to the charity show in punchestown which is only few mile from me wonderin any1 know if it wil be ok to drive that far to it its parked up at the min gonna wait for punchestown to drive her and wil be takin it handy so should be ok jus need bit of advice on it cheers thumb

I dont think i would take the chance myself, be a fooker to get stuck on side of road, or in Punchestown in front of everyone :wall:

ha ha yeah was thinkin that myself ragin wont have it for punchestown :wall: hopefully get it sorted soon

Would bearings or crank damage not be imediately noticible from start up,
not just at a certain rev, id try get it looked at to rule anything out :thumbsup:

No, big ends usually only become audible arourd 2500/3k revs..
Maybe when they are really bad you might here them earlier.
Another thing to rem,ember is by driving with the bearings gone, you could damage the crank and block, so a rebuild wouldnt be an option.
Most builders put the newer type crank in anyway, but if you damage the journals, the block is more or less fooked

from cold start up its in it for a split second then goes out thickin over its perfect wouldn think anythin was wrong ill jus leave it parked up til get a rebuild jus ragin not havin it for punchestown :wall: gonna get either a 2.5 forged short block or a new complete cosworth 2.5 short block

Back