short clutch

i did recently fit it but i have looked deeper at it now and think its the master cylender not reterning the pedal properly. its only coming half ways then i can pulll the peddle another bit back by hand. is it bad to drive like this

Same thing happened mine, new clutch, old slave cylinder not up to the job, lost half the pedal at times,
Got another one sorted from Dave in StiTuning couple of weeks ago, perfect now.
Dont think its doing any damage driving like that, but your head will be wrecked!

had the same problem myself
it turned out that there was a loose bolt somewhere on the clutch pedal
or around there somewhere
sorted it fine and have gotten a years driving out of it
before i got it fixed i drove the car for 2 months and had to keeep pulling the pedal
up the rest of the way and ruined a lovely set of shoes :hammerhead:
hope ya get sorted handy enough
:thumbsup:

I got an Exedy organic "pink" clutch fitted, and the paddle was very short,
ASD swapped the master cylinder for a different one and it's grand now!
Dan

This type of fault on classics is mainly down to faukty slave cylinders or air in the clutch system.

The slave cylinder should be unbolted and turned upside down to bleed out air :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=25756.msg303389#msg303389 date=1281750524]
This type of fault on classics is mainly down to faukty slave cylinders or air in the clutch system.

The slave cylinder should be unbolted and turned upside down to bleed out air :thumbsup:
[/quote]

my mate had this problem too of short clutch,

i told him what you said,

unbolt slave cylinder turn upside down to bleed the air out and all workin perfect now :dance:

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=25756.msg303556#msg303556 date=1281827871]
[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=25756.msg303389#msg303389 date=1281750524]

[/quote]

my mate had this problem too of short clutch,

i told him what you said,

unbolt slave cylinder turn upside down to bleed the air out and all workin perfect now :dance:
[/quote]

Good stuff man, Wish I could take the credit but thats the way the Subaru manual says :thumbsup:

after all your great advice i went and bled the slave properly whith the cylender upsidedown then still no joy so i went poking around and found the spring from the fork was pullin toward the rear of the car. i chanced it on the other side to see what it would do and its now perfect. the spring has to pull forward im guessin.
good again now :multijump:

[quote author=stanley link=topic=25756.msg303656#msg303656 date=1281897366]
after all your great advice i went and bled the slave properly whith the cylender upsidedown then still no joy so i went poking around and found the spring from the fork was pullin toward the rear of the car. i chanced it on the other side to see what it would do and its now perfect. the spring has to pull forward im guessin.
good again now :multijump:
[/quote]

happy days dude

Back