Head gasket gone??? HELP!!

sti-performance

Ok Folks heres the story. i was driving home two weeks ago and i let the the car running for 3 mins after i got out as usuall (No Timer), when i went out smoke was bellowing from the bonnet so i turned her off and discovered that oil was pissings from somewhere and burning on the turbo it was destroyed in oil.
Stupidly i drove 300meters down to my buddy (mechanic) and she was blowing white smoke from the exhaust. Its hard to make out where the oil is coming from right or left wise its pretty even on both sides of the turbo if not coming from the turbo it self i cant really make out.
When i drove her down the road she was reving perfect no odd noises etc.
Any advise or knowledge would be greatly appreciated?
Cheers Bob

Maybe ive read this wrong, but i cant understand how oil would be burning on the turbo?? do you mean the exhaust manifold? As the turbo is fairly high and fairly away from anything, if there is oil ON IT it must be from oil feed or something on Turbo

Has the coolant bein drained from the car, was the any "fat"
white stuff around oil cap on the engine. Did the temp rise at all.

no hasnt been drained off why so? it wasnt white but it was definately a way lighter shade than the oil leak. temp was high allright.

Its just that if the headgasket is gone(coolant/water mixing with the oil)
one sure sign its after cracking. Best to have a good look during the day.
Check over the engine from cold. Under the oil cap and the dipstick for signs of
mixing water and oil.
Hopefully it aint a totally right off. Let us know.

Murto is bang on there, I had this problem before in an Omega and the temp kept rising and there was a mix of oil and water which caused a whitey substance on the oil cap. But as far as I know you can only check it from cold as if you turn on the car the substance becomes mixed in and harder to tell. That's to the best of my knowledge but I could be wrong. And I thought white smoke puffing from your exhaust meant your turbos gone.....that happened to me also haha

Best of luck with her anyway man!!

Back